Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scopes sent back to the states

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

scopes sent back to the states

does anyone know what the score is with this,

say i send the scope to the states and it casts 30.

so the return should be the same 30.

when its on the way back, will have to pay tax on it as the scope was sold here in the uk ??

never been here before ??

thank you

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I had the same queries some time back, if its under warranty your ok they cover all at there end usually, if not under warranty keep the receipts of purchase or repair invoice,Just in case.

You don't pay duty on repairs.

Bob, find a receipt for it, it's a life time transferable;e warranty, so bought from Joe down the pub is ok.
    When posting it back, tell the post office it is a return for repair, show them the receipt.
    Leupold should fix and return it free of charge, it will also (should be) be marked warranty repair and return to owner.
    When or if Parcel Farce ask for duty explain it is a your already, if they argue ask for the Customs ref number, then phone customs and explain.
    That should sort it out ok, a bit of a faff but should only cost you the postage out.

That is the theory, I had to send a Nikon back, and did it just as I have explained, never had to explain anything to customs as it came back without a charge against it.
    But it was clearly marked by Nikon as having been returned for a free repair.

Neil.

Hi Bob,

I had to send one of my Leupold scopes back as its wasn't holding zero. I had to pay the postage out there, when it arrived they called me and asked for my credit card details as, if once they had stripped the scope, there was nothing wrong with it I would have had to pay the postage back to the uk.

When they stripped it there was something wrong with it they fixed it and sent it back.

I have to say that throughout Leupold were a pleasure to deal with and kept me informed of what was going on. On th back of the service I recieved I would wholeheartedly recomend them and I intend to buy Leupolds again in the future.

In fact I'm currently after a 6.5-20 x 40mm VXIII if anyone know of one going!

I only wish you got that level when you bought everything in life, especially when you consider, though they ay not be cheap they are far from the most expensive kit out there!

ATB
    Jonno

Leupold service centres for international (non USA) customers are in Germany and Sweden, so there will be no question of duty anyway as they are in the EU

Yes JabaliHunter they may be but you then have to go through the importers GMK who are a nightmare to deal with. You can say goodbye to your scope for several months if you take that route. They don't send the scopes off immediately but wait up to six weeks so that they have a batch to send off.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Correct, you should. I didn't.... worked out fine for me:

• LEUPOLD PRODUCT SERVICE – GERMANY
      GERATE-SERVICE & MONTAGE
      DIPL. ING. HARALD ROS
      Coburger Strasse 71
      98673 Eisfeld
      Germany
      Tel: +49 3686 615928
      Fax: +49 3686 615929
      E-mail: service@harald-ros.de

Jabali that's certainly useful to know.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    thanks guys.

its all in hand now and as im due to be off the road for a time then ill not miss it.

it will no doubt be up for sale when it gets back as i need a scope with FAST eyebell focus as i shoot with both right and left eyes, and the system leupold have is not of use to me, its a shame they don't do this as the glass really surprised me,

ill keep you all updated as its going to GMK, the very same people that sorted my boots out in a matter of a week so i have faith in them, but the shipping system may be what needs looking at by them, but i can't comment as this is the first time i have been in this position.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube