At Last!!

Cougar

I've had my foxpro spitfire since 23rd December and apart from calling 2 foxes in to the camera on Christmas day I've found it hard work during the day. I haven't really been out late into the night with it (maybe next week) because I was convinced I could call them in through the day for both camera and rifle.

Well I set up late this afternoon in an area I've not called before, had the caller out around 50 yards away and set on Field mouse distress. After around 10 minutes this vixen came running up the ditch at the bottom and in to the field and stood looking for the caller! For the first time in a long time as I looked through the scope I did say to myself "don't bloody miss this"! At 85 yards it was an easy one!

View attachment 12625View attachment 12626View attachment 12627

Good on you cougar keep at them ,what's your honest verdict on the spitfire are they really worth £200 .Im going to be treating myself shortly to something shooting related and 1 of these was an option.:thumb:

Good on you cougar keep at them ,what's your honest verdict on the spitfire are they really worth £200 .Im going to be treating myself shortly to something shooting related and 1 of these was an option.:thumb:

This is my honest opinion. The ground I shoot over is full of footpaths and can make your calling options limited through the day as thats what I wanted it for. I don't shoot foxes from the end of February until I start seeing cubs out hunting on their own in late summer when the stubble is here. I'm a keen photographer so got it for camera work as much as shooting. I'm sure in my local NT 1000 acre forest through the quiet of a week day I'll make a killing with the camera. If you have ground that has little or no disturbance then you'll call and shoot foxes with the foxpro through the day no worries.

My trouble at night is that my main lamping partner is my gorgeous lady, Roberta, so going out till 2 in the morning is not really her bag! And I find lamping with a hand held difficult on my own. So I've not really been able to give it a good go at night. But there is no doubt that these callers call foxes like a dream through the day and even more so with the cover of darkness. You really can't go wrong with one and if your getting one then Steve is the man to get one from!

To sum up YES they are bloody great!!

Cheers Cougar for your views ,Ive still to give myself a xmas treat .It was going to be a 222 but illness and second thought stopped me buying that so am looking at alternatives that will aid my shooting before taking the plunge:thumb:

I've had my foxpro spitfire since 23rd December and apart from calling 2 foxes in to the camera on Christmas day I've found it hard work during the day. I haven't really been out late into the night with it (maybe next week) because I was convinced I could call them in through the day for both camera and rifle.

Well I set up late this afternoon in an area I've not called before, had the caller out around 50 yards away and set on Field mouse distress. After around 10 minutes this vixen came running up the ditch at the bottom and in to the field and stood looking for the caller! For the first time in a long time as I looked through the scope I did say to myself "don't bloody miss this"! At 85 yards it was an easy one!

View attachment 12625View attachment 12626View attachment 12627

Nice one Matt, glad you got one eventually. Like you said always a bit harder calling in the day but youve just proved it works and that they are still around...P.S I love the custom job on the caller...Any other designs :) maybe we can add that as an option for new customers. Cheers Steve

About bloody time too....!!!!!
thought I was going to hav to email you a few pics so you could post them as your own...:D:D

good to see you are back on track:cool:

Back