Thread: A few quid in the cupboard

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available

A few quid in the cupboard

Photos of Mexican drug lord's home after being raided

An Eye Opener. Gives a completely new meaning to “stuff in your closet”

Photos of a Mexican drug lord’s home after being raided....

Go and kill in the Name of the Lord, my son! There was a matched pair of these found.

.357 Magnum semi-automatics with solid gold grips.

This guy had a better gun collection that most legitimate museums do.

Just a quaint little villa in the hills - Drug money bought it all!

Man-made cave and hot tub inside the home.

A collection of exotic animals - which were cared for in the grandest fashion, by the way.

8Lions were on the property.

A very rare Tiger.

The back yard pool.

Exotic art collection - some of which was illegal to own - some stolen.

More guns than you could ever imagine!

This pile of cash before it was counted was estimated to be approximately 18 Billion Dollars!

After it was counted it turned out to be a little more than 22 Billion Dollars!

>From another angle.

Guns were hidden all over the house, along with ample ammo, just in case of trouble.

Stacks of cash were found in every nook and cranny...

This case is filled with 100 dollar Bills estimated to be 1/2 a million dollars and nodoubt headed out to make another drug deal with perhaps the Columbia ns.

18 plastic bins filled with 100 dollar bills were found...

Another cabinet stack tight with cash - all 100's.

More 100's.

Each of these stacks of 100's holds USD250,000 (a quarter of a million US dollars)!They also had millions in Columbia n money and Mexican Pesos, although they preferredAmerican dollars for the most part.

There were even stacks of Chinese Yuan found in one closet.

More Gold machine guns and pistols - most were never fired, just held for collection value.

The money and valuables found in this one house alone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man woman and child in the USA for 12 years!

It is estimated to be approximately 27 more of these houses in Mexico alone.Not to mention the ones in other countries who are enriching themselves in the drug trade. These people have so much money, they make the Arab oil sheiks look like welfare recipients.Their money can buy politicians, cops, judges, whatever they need they just throw down stacks of cash and it is theirs!This is why the drug problem is so difficult to fight.

Where are the pics????
    It's accuracy that kills.

Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post

The money and valuables found in this one house alone, would be enough to pay for health insurance for every man woman and child in the USA for 12 years!

307 million people in the US - say $200 dollars a month health insurance cost - multiplied by 12 years =

$736 billion. I think someone was so dazzled by the gold guns that they dropped their calculator...

Deer Dog Available
    Ah I can see the pics however check this link and the pile of dough bottom left

Mexican Drug Lord Bust at Kontraband - Page 2

it astounds me that they are stupid enough to leave all in cash and all in one place and all in THEIR place!
    wonder where all that money will disappear to now!!

Well the US has a little thing called Civil Forfeiture which when presented to the houses sounded good but it's used as a huge fiddle. They have meetings to set the amount of property etc they will seize in a given period. One Police chief awarded himself a huge pay rise for these seized funds and chose a nice custom car which he then had detailed from the seizures.

So I expect most of will end up in some government coffers and a nice slice in the appropriate pockets.

Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    it astounds me that they are stupid enough to leave all in cash and all in one place and all in THEIR place!
    wonder where all that money will disappear to now!!
    Ah ha ! Give a thought to the big chance that its not the only place!

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Well the US has a little thing called Civil Forfeiture which when presented to the houses sounded good but it's used as a huge fiddle. They have meetings to set the amount of property etc they will seize in a given period. One Police chief awarded himself a huge pay rise for these seized funds and chose a nice custom car which he then had detailed from the seizures.

So I expect most of will end up in some government coffers and a nice slice in the appropriate pockets.
    Civil Forfeiture is a US law dealing with piracy whereby the good, suspected of being pirated (tax evaded, etc) are seized as goods associated with, or the product of, a crime; particularly useful when the actual owner may not have been the criminal in the case. The goods are sold at auction after the criminal proceedings have been followed through. In some instances, the departments can opt to keep merchandise relevant to their operation or that which is unsuited to be sold to the public. (automatic weapons would be a good example) The purchase of these goods at auction is tedious: You must provide a certified cash deposit with a background check to assure that the same criminal element isn't buying back their seized goods. It is not an easy process to implement (court orders required) and seized goods are impounded. The local police can't just decide that Joe Dokes' new car looks good and seize it. If the police chief you talk about is entitled to a vehicle and an appropriate one is seized, he can use it as departmental property. In this country, police chiefs do not set their salaries. The municipalities that employ them, and the tax payers who fund them, do. Let me know your sources for the committees that meet to decide how much goods they need to seize to cover their budgets... can't be many because most police departments barely have adequate operating budgets. Even when this law it utilized, the need for "Probably Cause" must be proved: it is not used carte blanche.

Lastly, it would be a hard stretch to apply this to law to the seizure that is depicted because the goods and cash appear to have been seized in Mexico, not the US.~Muir

Sorry Muir I seem to recall this being on one of the forums some time back, several years back in fact, and it seems it was being abused the mentioned Police officer with the car was caught out. As that was on the old PC which does not work now I cannot check favorites to see which forum it was now.