No more PLEASE?

RED-DOT

Anyone agree there has been enough dead fox pictures on here there must be four a day posted in various levels of disembowelment. We all have shot hundreds and the images are a bit boring and offensive to some.

Fully agree. We moan when the antis post pics like these, little realising we provide them. We try to portray a ballance personality when speaking about our sport and then revel in the gory detail, Jim

Anyone agree there has been enough dead fox pictures on here there must be four a day posted in various levels of disembowelment. We all have shot hundreds and the images are a bit boring and offensive to some.
+1 i agree, been there done that move on.

There has been a lot of fox chat but it's not that bad. It's just the odd folk wanting to share their experiences no harm done surely?

I agree too.

The next time I post a picture of a dead anything on here will be the first time and I'll only even consider doing that if it's something so unusual or special as to seem worth bringing to everyone's attention.

Having said that, I do quite like the photos from folk like John Gryphon and 6pointer (live things and dead things) because they usually are quite interesting and more often than not they teach me something or show me something I've never been aware of before.

this is a hunting forum open to all.
keep posting everything lads.
i suggest them not interested dont click on posts that might contain a photo.
set of boring T**ts.
without photos, stories are just stories.
if we try and please the antis why don't we turn off the computers and hang the guns up and all go play golf.

set of boring T**ts.
if we try and please the antis why don't we turn off the computers and hang the guns up and all go play golf.

+1

The clue is in the title, Stalking, There is a big difference between educational photos in context and look what I killed last night, The deer die and we eat them. Nice. The fox is vermin, shot for a purpose, usually by the lamp. I for one do not need to see a pile of dead foxes so someone can say "what a clever boy I am." We have had some great stories on the cunning old fox that finally got it with justified pictures. We also had piles of cubs shot before they knew better. You scream respect for the quarry. If you have none you are in the wrong game. Jim

I as the OP just feel dead fox images have been done to death and are now a bit naff, thats all. As for "Antis" i don't really care about them. Kids click on here too and as censoring is not yet an option we really must think of them too.

RED DOT
I agree
thought i would post a picture of something you like, tea break at Glencoe
regards
gundog
DSCN0332.jpg

Maybe the answer is to change the forum settings so that the contents are not displayed in search engines like google...

To be fair, this is a shooting forum. If looking at pics of dead animals offends people then dont look at them... there are plenty of them.Not everyone has shot hundreds of foxes; I find it interesting to see the terminal effects of different calibre/bullet combinations and some people just like the satisfaction of showing off a job well done, just like the deer pictures that frequent the forum. I certainly dont think that the pictures detract from the forum.

set of boring T**ts.

+1

Jay 22, your gallery is EXACTLY what i am on about... do you think you really need a picture of your triumphs? It was not so long ago countrymen just got on with the job and said nothing of thier work to anyone.. now it is all images and DVD's and showing off all thier kit to all that look for it.. Big 4X4's kitted out like they are going to the Gulf war and stickers in the windows advertising the fact... most real hunters are quite discreet and do not flaunt thier conquests to the world.

Last edited:
Not all fox photos are bad, This one's managed to get a couple of wabbitts I quite like the gear used.:rofl: (not my photo)

Sorry trying to lighten the thread, I do understand the OP.s view and agree with them.

fox shooting rifle.jpg

Last edited:
Why can't you post a record of what you do? A picture is a better share than just words alone which we all know. Hunting involves killing stuff and having it all out in the open hides nothing which is what too many of us seem to do because we're affaid somebody might get upset. I personally get a bit annoyed only because some guys shoot a lot more than me!

Now graphic for the sake of graphic is not very PC and that's a different thing all together. Just wait fo my .375 v's fox post.... epic

Back