electric hoist

tika.308

i noticed from the 29th aldi have got these in i think they are £50,also diamond sharpening blocks.

Hi
Got them both, sharpener is larger than I expected with fine, medium, coarse and extra coarse sides to it, haven't tried it yet as I am trying to work out how to install the hoist - my garage rafters suddenly do not look up to it!

Tonyc

TonyC said:
Hi
Got them both, sharpener is larger than I expected with fine, medium, coarse and extra coarse sides to it, haven't tried it yet as I am trying to work out how to install the hoist - my garage rafters suddenly do not look up to it!

Tonyc

Hi Tony,
My rafters in the garage are ok, i used a piece of douglas fir with 6'' screws, then tried the hoist lifting my 15 stone friend, it worked a treat.
Failing that i was considering a piece of scaffolding pole which would have worked.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Richard

If you can find someone that does industrial building fitting they might be able to get you some of the square profile channel that is used to suspend ducting and ceilings. It is zinc plated and very rigid with holes to secure all along it. Better still, it is just under 2" squre which you should find fits perfectly into the securing brackets that come with the hoist. ;)

Back