Norfolk feo visit

MONGOOSE

Hi guys just had the feo visit regarding my deer calibre and other calibres also, I've got to say I was pleasantly surprised no mention of mentoring or restrictive conditions upped the ammo for the HMR as he said he did not think 300 was enough so I'm highly surprised I must say, I'm a little disappointed lol I must say I was ready for a fight I was going to quote HO guidelines here and there never needed to he was only here 30 mins, they have admin off sick and on holiday so maybe a few weeks to wait he said but they have only had it a couple of weeks anyway so all being well should have it in a few weeks time so thumbs up to Norfolk police well so far so good anyway

Last edited:
Feo visit

Hi mate who did you have? I had my visit 6 weeks ago for deer caliber variation
Still not got licence back :(

Mine took 7 weeks including land checks an everything, received just before Christmas. Mind you i did ring them up.

Soz mate. All the chaps i shot with say his a sound bloke. I normally have Peter Hardstaff another sound bloke. But yeh dont hold your breath!!!

Soz mate. All the chaps i shot with say his a sound bloke. I normally have Peter Hardstaff another sound bloke. But yeh dont hold your breath!!!

Had dave when I had my grant for my shotgun sound bloke as well, well pleased with all the people I have encountered so far from Norfolk firearms department

Did you have any conditions on your fac mentoring and the like?

Erm its still a closed ticket, been told it would be appropriate ton ask for a open on renewal.

Theres no mentoring condition with my 6.5 but i do have experience and a DSC1

Erm its still a closed ticket, been told it would be appropriate ton ask for a open on renewal.

Theres no mentoring condition with my 6.5 but i do have experience and a DSC1

Yeah I guessed it would have been closed I think many are for first fac, and the feo never said anything about mentoring well hope things don't change since my visit anyway

Just thought I'd let you know I've received my certificate back today, after 7 weeks of visit,
All good .243 slot for shooting deer and any other lawful quarry with no restrictive conditions or mentoring
Happy days

Just thought I'd let you know I've received my certificate back today, after 7 weeks of visit,
All good .243 slot for shooting deer and any other lawful quarry with no restrictive conditions or mentoring
Happy days

Thanks for that mate how long did it take from start to finish?

First handed certificate in mid November
Had a few issues my end in between and Xmas so can't really count all months

I come under Suffolk, who as you probably know amalgamated their Firearms section with Norfolk last year.

Suffolk are excellent - eight full time FEO's, and NO cuts in manpower. If you are lucky the efficiency of Suffolk will rub off on Norfolk ;)

Last week I posted my FAC off to HQ asking for a four fold increase in my .223 ammo buy/hold, plus conditioning my S.1 shotgun for practical target.

It dropped back on my doormat yesterday, all changes done as asked, back with me eight days after I put it in the letter box
cool.gif

I come under Suffolk, who as you probably know amalgamated their Firearms section with Norfolk last year.

Suffolk are excellent - eight full time FEO's, and NO cuts in manpower. If you are lucky the efficiency of Suffolk will rub off on Norfolk ;)

Last week I posted my FAC off to HQ asking for a four fold increase in my .223 ammo buy/hold, plus conditioning my S.1 shotgun for practical target.

It dropped back on my doormat yesterday, all changes done as asked, back with me eight days after I put it in the letter box
cool.gif
Cracking service buddy ive had no complaints, so hope mine comes soon can't wait

Back