Thread: First stalk

Thumbs up First stalk

Went on my first stalk on Friday with mike dickinson of calton moor range what a top bloke he is. We started at 6 am by checking the zero on my .243 in his purpose built indoor 100yrd range, then we headed off to one of his stalking grounds, we made are way on to the stalking ground the wind was cutting through us as it was freezing so mike suggested to head down the valley as it was warmer and the deer would have headed the same way, after about 45-60 mins crunching our way over frozen snow we thought that we would have scared every living thing away due to the noise of the snow under our feet we were about to head home we came across fresh deer droppings so we knew we were close, then mike spotted a red deer feeding on a tree up the side of the valley we were on so I got into position my heart was in my mouth I squeezed the trigger and the deer just dropped a nice clean kill. This was my first ever taste of stalking and I can't wait to go again and I would highly recommend mike at calton moor

Well done Bigstep, you must have been chuffed. Its a brilliant feeling isnt it. Must be big boys up there if they eat trees!

Quote Originally Posted by JVR.243 View Post
    Well done Bigstep, you must have been chuffed. Its a brilliant feeling isnt it. Must be big boys up there if they eat trees!

Nice one, hopefully the first of many. Atb, Jim.

Nice one Bigstep, I shot my first red whilst stalking with Mike the week before, not far from where you were when you got yours.
    ATB
    Noah