Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Single Farm Payment

Single Farm Payment

Tamus theres another one you can get on to, since your on about benefits the single farm payment its a benefit is it not .

Lets get all the witch hunts over in the one go .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Tamus theres another one you can get on to, since your on about benefits the single farm payment its a benefit is it not .

Well that could irritate my neighbours and many chums in the pub but as one of them said he would be happy to not have the payment if all the red tape could go at the same time.atb Tim

If there was a true free market there would be no need for sfp, but people would have to pay the true rate of the food they eat, people will moan if a pint of milk cost 3 but think nothing of paying 5 for beer, food is now at it cheapest ever in relation to what people spend on other good.

A disgusting subsidy same as the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    If there was a true free market there would be no need for sfp, but people would have to pay the true rate of the food they eat, people will moan if a pint of milk cost 3 but think nothing of paying 5 for beer, food is now at it cheapest ever in relation to what people spend on other good.
    Ah Taff the bigger picture mmmmm.

Well it's another tax on the population, that again only the people that work pay for, to be honest if they were to do away with all the benefits, that the lazy element get ,then with everyone back in work not draining the resources we may just be able to pay the correct prices of having quality produce .

Then in the same context the single farm payment is give to small holders that don't have and livestock WHY or only have a couple of sheep or a horse, pony these people are not farmers ,they kid thereselves on they are .wearing a pair of mucks boots and a flat cap .

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post

Sorry, I literally just caught this thread, or I'd have responded sooner.

I'll pm you my business name if you like and you can check the government website yourself.

The fact is we take NO Single Farm Payment, or any other subsidy. I refused them on the terms of the deal alone.

Food production needs to be subsidised to keep it cheap in this country and yet the SFP is a decoupling of subsidy from production, my first gripe.

SFP is supposedly compensation for compliance with food production regulations, my second gripe (who else gets paid just to obey the law?)

SFP is also supposedly paid to aid compliance with animal welfare regulations, my third gripe (as gripe two, why should anyone need paid to obey fatuous laws?)

And to my final gripe... the first three had my neighbours think me odd, btw... The deal is open ended, farmers sign up to rules which they MUST obey to gain the payments, on pain of serious penalty for any, even minor, default... but those rules which bind them are able to be "renegotiated" at will by our government... that's not a good deal on anyone's terms and my neighbours now hate how they are hamstrung by the agreements they made which is constantly changing and leaving them worse and worse off... Not so odd now, I can run my land as I please, within the law and do not fear any knock at the door and spot inspection which might reveal three sheep have lost their eartags and so I must lose 25% of that year's margin to live on. Who can live with that sort of threat... every SFP claimant has to. The truth is we manage just fine "outside" of SFP though I have to admit it is a challenge, but not impossible.

Incidentally my benefit claiming neighbour claims every penny of his SFP entitlement, but I guess you'd expect that, on his 7 acres "Farm".

I bet you didn't expect that answer.

We only have 20 acres and have never had a payment of any body mind you we dont grow anything except grass

Mark

Tamus the problem you have is even though you don,t collect your sfp you still have to abide by the rules, if your sheep don,t have tags you will be fined
    As to who else gets paid to obey the law well not many,that's why we have no industry left in this country and Europe.
    Ws if you have just horses you cannot claim sfp
    Sfp was forced through mainly by the French where every one is a farmer, farming is possible without susidys but if you want to be able to walk where you like, tell us you can,t do this you can,t do that then the tax payer has to pay for it.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Tamus the problem you have is even though you don,t collect your sfp you still have to abide by the rules, if your sheep don,t have tags you will be fined
    As to who else gets paid to obey the law well not many,that's why we have no industry left in this country and Europe.
    Ws if you have just horses you cannot claim sfp
    Sfp was forced through mainly by the French where every one is a farmer, farming is possible without susidys but if you want to be able to walk where you like, tell us you can,t do this you can,t do that then the tax payer has to pay for it.
    Well, all stock I own is correctly tagged, always!

But, that aside, the only fine realistically imposable in the scenario I suggested above is the removal of SFP + Penalty.

If farmers had less money without SFP they may feel the need to up sporting and other rents !