Radio 4 now ! Deer control

Enjoyed both pieces, but, in the deer control piece, the stalker talked about a roe doe and her calf. I thought they were kids!

Yep. Its kids. Take it from a Roe deer fanatic! The guy probably does more Red than anything else so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt!
It was interesting. I wonder how many recreational deer stalkers with shooting rights take into consideration the wider impact of their deer populations (or even know how to) as the program highlighted?

I've just listened to the programme on the iPlayer and found it to be very fair. They also came to a definite conclusion in favour of deerstalking too which is heartening.

I've just listened to the programme on the iPlayer and found it to be very fair. They also came to a definite conclusion in favour of deerstalking too which is heartening.

Me too.

Much impressed by the commentary @ 12.00 minutes in on the I-Player. We're told they're using £50K of military hardware - 'heat sensitive binoculars' - then later on 'thermal imaging binoculars'.

I didn't know this kit existed, so learnt something from 'Costing The Earth' for once.

Back