Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mcdonalds, do they have a resonsibility?

Unhappy Mcdonalds, do they have a resonsibility?

Whilst travelling the lanes of Somerset I am amazed & saddened by the amount of brown paper mcdonalds bags i see discarded from cars, generally within a radius of about 20-30 mins drive from the nearest outlet...Amazed as I cant understand why anyone would wind down the window and throw It out and saddened for the same reason...Now, surely the staff who work for the company will see their brand littering the countryside and should maybe feel a responsibility to suggest to the management that this cannot continue...OK brown paper will biodegrade but polystyrene and plastic will not...Or maybe they dont give a fork either...I know that the ultimate responsibility lies with the end user...but surely something can be done...Rant over!...For now...Yes I missed a P!
    Last edited by sparko; 14-02-2012 at 19:12.

You can make a complaint to your local council who should investigate. If the majority of the litter is coming from the same source they are breaching the duty of care which they would have agreed to when planning for the outlet was granted.

20-30 mins from the nearest outlet! Mines usually finished and out the window within about 5mins
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    20-30 mins from the nearest outlet! Mines usually finished and out the window within about 5mins

Well yes, but thats lancashire...Where people are generally quicker all round...

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by limulus View Post
    i just keep mine in the truck and then dump it on there car park in town, lets them know what its like on my street.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Good thinking, I might start collecting it and dumping It In their restauraunt...And I use the term loosely

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Those same bags find their way onto my road also,2 hours out of town

A local farmer got fed up with Mc D bags in his layby, he filled a bin bag, and emptied it in the middle of the shop.

I think McDonald's have litter patrols, I read that somewhere.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    I think McDonald's have litter patrols, I read that somewhere.
    ...they must only employ ex-SAS, coz I've never see any!
    The ONLY litter "patrol" I have seen at a McD was IN their own car-park - that's as far as they seem to give a feck