Thread: looking for answers for the dsc 1 course ? can anyone help ?

looking for answers for the dsc 1 course ? can anyone help ?

hi everyone
    im dan from kilwinning in ayrshire,been a keen shot for a long time and a passionate follower of anything to do with the countryside.
    let my certificates run out in 2002 and have been at loggerheads with strathclyde's finest ever since as they keep refusing my applications ! 5 in total....must be a record,with the last application taking 17 months to process !
    so after having a chat with colin shedden (basc) and inspector ross at pitt street,it was deemed a good move to try for a dsc level 1 to support another application.
    i have worked with scotrail in ayr for 10 years now and got married on the 27th dec 2011. 2 grown up kids,1 grandson and another due in march.life is good but i want to get back into the sport that i miss so much.
    any help i can get on here would be most appreciated and i hope to make some new friends along the way.
    hope to hear from some of you soon. thanks

hi mate , why do they keep refusing you ?,,,, dsc1, jelen online is very good, 10 a month if i can remember right, and if you havent booked your test id recommend paul at barony ,

hi mate
    im meant to be doing the course on march 6/7 down at south ayrshire stalking. i was under the impression like most folks that admonished meant charge dropped so when i was filling out application after application i wasnt declaring all convictions. the cops knew i was filling the form in wrong but never told me. letting me dig a hole for myself !

offt thats sneaky

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi Dan and welcome from another newbie.
    I have just put my forms in too keeping fingers crossed.
    I re read the guide several times to make sure I was doing everything as specified and have just realised I have not enclosed proof of my club membershipMust get that posted.
    However I took all convictions including cautions to mean everything I could possibly remember.As the Caution side of things is called admonished up your way I assume they are just sticking to the rules but being jobsworths with it at the same time.I have even put a fixed penalty railway tresspass fine down from when I was fifteen years old.And have a driving conviction for undue attentionwhich I could have had waived if I had gone back down to oxfordshire and taken a driving course for the sum of 110 pounds plus the time off work and of course the overnight stay and the cost of fuel back and forth.So I just took the fine and the points but I now have a conviction.
    Anyway thing is Admonished is simply the different wording in Scotland for Cautioned which is still required to be entered onto your records.There for they are waiting for you to own up on your forms.After the second time of refusing I would have thought even a Scots Bobby would have given you the nod as to why you had been refused.

hi i am new and just reading a few posts.
    I have just started to fill in the app for firearms form and said no convictions ...... should i have declaired driving ones as i have speeding and one for jumping red light and did not declaire them ?
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by richard1951 View Post
    hi i am new and just reading a few posts.
    I have just started to fill in the app for firearms form and said no convictions ...... should i have declaired driving ones as i have speeding and one for jumping red light and did not declaire them ?
    Richard
    Yes, best to include everything and let the police decide, they will already know about the convuctions anyway.atb Tim

Hi Meopta, welcome to the site. Sorry to hear of your problems and I hope that you get them resolved soon.

I have launched a new website to help people learn towards their DSC1 which is at www.dsctraining.org Have a word with Chris at South Ayrshire Stalking about the issues you are facing and about my website. I'm certain he will be of help to you, great outfit there.

Cheers, Steve.