Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: foxing with a mobile phone

foxing with a mobile phone

Just done something a bit bizarre. I was late feeding the cattle, when I saw a fox in the tractor headlights, go into the feed shed. As it happened I had been using my single barrelled Rossi shotgun to scare starlings earlier in the day, so I fetched it out of the office loaded up with a 7.5 24g clay cartridge and went back and waited outside the feed shed. First I started throwing stones at the tin sides. Nothing. I shouted and shouted but the bugger would not come out into the light. So I reached into my pocket for my mobile phone, a waterproof samsung which has a tiny torch on it, not much brighter than a key light, and proceeded into the dark shed. There I could just pick out a couple of eyes on top of a pile of bedding sawdust, then he started coming towards me so holding the phone aside the barrel I waited until he was all of 10 yards away and bang I got him. Just wondered if anyone else has lamped a fox with a mobile phone or is this a first ?

We should team up, I use mine for the calls

Neil.

LOL...Thats great. I lamped one up with my headlamp once at around 30 yards, just about to take the shot and he legged it.

Classic! Where in devon are you?

be for i got a scope mounted lamP i used to put a head lamp on and move it to the side of my heaD SO IT LINED UP WHEN LOOKING THROUGH THE SCOPE AFTER RABBITS

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    I use mine for the calls

Neil.
    That sounds handy. Forgive my ignorance, but how do you get this facility on a mobile 'phone?

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    That sounds handy. Forgive my ignorance, but how do you get this facility on a mobile 'phone?
    Use the phones media player to play them like any other music file

Ok. Thanks
    I wasn't quite sure if this was just a leg pull - I was kind of expecting an answer like "Dial your own number, twit!" or something like that.

Where can I download / obtain the right noises?

Quote Originally Posted by VSS View Post
    Where can I download / obtain the right noises?
    Most of mine came from links on here, or thanks to google.

Neil.

hows about using some old sweet rappers as filters for your next outing as im sure all your other foxes will now be switched on to the white light
    sorry mate couldnt help myself