Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pecar 4x32 scope

Pecar 4x32 scope

Would this scope be ok for most stalking?? I only ask as i got rather close to some deer the other day and put my simmons scope to 4x and i must say at about 250-30 yrds shot placment might have been a bit of an issue.

Actually 4x is enough but for some reason modern shooters have such poor eyesight that we need much more magnification .

I believe if you check the Pecar is actually a 4x35 scope.

Like anything you need to get used to the equipment and comparing a Simmons to a Pecar? ................................... well .

Edit:- Just noticed the error the Pecar is a 4x35 scope ........................ Whoops.
    Last edited by Brithunter; 16-02-2012 at 12:01. Reason: Eroor

My 243 had a zeiss 4x32 on it when I bought it. I was living down South, stalking farmland / woodland and it wasmore than adequate. On several trips to the highlands shot plenty of hinds out to 200 yds. Nice wide field of view. I changed it for a 6x42 and the stupidly sold it. Pecar made really good scopes and 4x is more than adequate unless you are shooting small targets at long range.

A Pecar is very much better than the Simmons - you will have a much better image and any lack of magnification will be an irrelevance.

Pecar are very good scopes, used to do interchangable reticules. Now no longer made. Excellent optics, but the coatings are soft so be very carefull when you clean them.

D

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk shooter View Post
    Would this scope be ok for most stalking?? I only ask as i got rather close to some deer the other day and put my simmons scope to 4x and i must say at about 250-30 yrds shot placment might have been a bit of an issue.
    4x IMHO is more than sufficient taking shots to within 200yds. Personally I don't see it necessary to go further than that on any ground I've ever stalked...now I know Offroad Gary has these supposed flat fields that are being destroyed by fallow and cannot be approached nearer than 300-400yds, hence his requirement for near tactical gear (sense the sarcasm - no offense meant Gary, just having a poke),,but that is the exception, not the norm.

in fact, I'm seriously thinking of putting a 4x36 on my .243 roe rifle, and putting the 6x42 on the hill rifle

hi i have a s&b 4x36 and have used it for 10 years 10 or 12 times during the season love it nice and light straight forward

I have had a little Nikon 4x32 for a few years now, it's been on a few rifles in that time and has been very useful.
    It has shot rabbits from 10 to 100 yards and foxes out to 200 yards, works well in low light, even compared to the euro glass, and has never lost zero, not even on a shotgun.
    Having just bought a cheap .223 for dragging around the shoot on the quad I needed to find a scope, I have the 4x32 Nikon and a Swarovski 6x42 sitting on the shelf spare. I have tried them both but the 4x32 just looks and feels better in situ, it will do all I need so I think it will stay, leaving the Swarovski spare, either for whatever comes next, or to sell on and recoup some money.

Neil.

the 4x32 scope is fine as when i use to sell david lloyds rifles that is all they have on top and i stalked in woodland and the hill with no problem at all.

regards
    chris

my fathers 270 rifle has been adorned with a 4x32 Nikko Stirling since I can remember.
    it has been used on all manner of quarry and my entire family have shot red deer with it over a 30 year period.

I used it at a military range most recently at 600yds.....now that was a challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    my fathers 270 rifle has been adorned with a 4x32 Nikko Stirling since I can remember.
    it has been used on all manner of quarry and my entire family have shot red deer with it over a 30 year period.

I used it at a military range most recently at 600yds.....now that was a challenge!
    Ahhh yes that was when the Nikko Sterling was a well made Japanese scope........................................... unlike those Chinese spotty quality ones of today . I have used them and an Chinese copy of a Tasco 4x40, note not all Chinese scopes are rubbish it seems they used to try witht eh QC unlike today , that I acquired to try oh some 15-20 years ago on a Century Arms sporterised P-14 in 303 to good effect on the 600 yards ranges at Bisley, Henly Park and Ash No4. Sold that particular Rifle about 8 years ago to make room for one of the BSA's I now own.

I have several of those scope though marked "Special" and "Special Sporting":-

That one has the German Tri Post reticle, the others all have the std medium fine cross hairs, my first one came on the P-H Supreme No1 303 sporter I brought which was my first rifle purchase.