Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 113

Thread: When will they stop showing "Unsafe" Shots on Fieldsports Britain

  1. #1

    When will they stop showing "Unsafe" Shots on Fieldsports Britain

    In this weeks episode they show a Roe Doe being shot with what looks like no back stop.

    I know camera angles can be deceiving, but they should only show what looks like safe shots.

    Here is the link for this weeks episode and the shot that I am talking about is shown at 4minutes 20 seconds.

    Last edited by colly1612; 15-02-2012 at 21:26. Reason: re wording
    Vegetarian is an old Native American word meaning Bad Hunter

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by colly1612 View Post
    In this weeks episode they show a Roe Doe being shot with what looks like no back stop.

    I know camera angles can be deceiving, but they should only show what looks like safe shots.

    Here is the link for this weeks episode and the shot that I am talking about is shown at 4minutes 20 seconds.

    Hmmmm as you say camera angles can be deceptive, but doent look terribly safe to me.

  3. #3
    What may seem unsafe for a viewer may be perfectly safe for the shooter and guide.


    Do you honestly think the guide and shooter would advertise unsafe shooting practises on a TV show that tens of thousands will watch?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    What may seem unsafe for a viewer may be perfectly safe for the shooter and guide.


    Do you honestly think the guide and shooter would advertise unsafe shooting practises on a TV show that tens of thousands will watch?
    But that is exactly what they are doing by showing a shot which looks dangerous as this one does(again). It may not have been, but it needs not to look it, because we believe what we see.

  5. #5
    Neck shot, 120 yds kneeling, and no backstop?
    Plus to me it looked like a few branches in the way. I know he had a clear shot at it but, it does not look to clever.

    Ok, if he is a good shot, well he dropped it, but what about all the people out there watching this that are just starting out.
    Would they be thinking well if he can do it so can I ?

  6. #6
    that glads got a bit of a flinch on him

  7. #7
    Sadly, I think the programme has gone to the dogs now that they have sold themselves to sponsors ie. Zeiss, team wild and that clown Oliver Preston. What the hell was that sling arrangement all about. I'm about 3 miles from the shop filmed and could have provided a number of buttolo calls as well as numerous munties but as I'm Swarovski I no longer figure in the equation. Very sad.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by HME View Post
    Sadly, I think the programme has gone to the dogs now that they have sold themselves to sponsors ie. Zeiss, team wild and that clown Oliver Preston. What the hell was that sling arrangement all about. I'm about 3 miles from the shop filmed and could have provided a number of buttolo calls as well as numerous munties but as I'm Swarovski I no longer figure in the equation. Very sad.
    I 100% agree and between the presenter and the friggin news guy they really need to lay off the quirky stuff cos it ain't quirky no more....

  9. #9
    Some of the stuff they air on this programme is unbelievable.
    On last weeks show while interviewing a young lad from the royal agricultural college, Charlie says, They don't shoot foxes on this farm as the family is big into hunting.
    It's an anti's dream.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.5/284matt View Post
    Some of the stuff they air on this programme is unbelievable.
    On last weeks show while interviewing a young lad from the royal agricultural college, Charlie says, They don't shoot foxes on this farm as the family is big into hunting.
    It's an anti's dream.
    I noticed that. He actually said they prefer them to go to the hounds. The antis are not going to be happy whether the foxes are shot or killed by hounds. If the hunt are doing all they can to lay their artificial trail but there are so many foxes around that one get chased by the hounds occasionally by accident........

Similar Threads

  1. Of "Bulk" Densities, "Solid" Densities, "Energy" Densities & Precision Reloading
    By gitano in forum Ammunition, Reloading & Ballistics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-01-2012, 16:01
  2. "Calibre" or "Cartridge"?
    By flytie in forum Rifles & Calibres
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 16-01-2012, 16:41
  3. This weeks Fieldsports Britain
    By kevhumps in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 14-12-2011, 19:45
  4. Brock & Norris H4H "Heroes Rifle" Details
    By Ratwhiskers in forum Events and Meetings
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-07-2011, 20:53
  5. The Man from the FSA-he say "head Shots" Yes!!!!
    By lwcdart in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20-10-2009, 17:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •