Thread: Help please - Rucksack clip for sling

Help please - Rucksack clip for sling

Somewhere / sometime I have seen a clip thingy that holds a rifle sling in place by attaching to the shoulder straps of a rucksack?

Anyone seen something similar please and know where i might buy one 'cos I'm fed up with the sling slipping off the shoulder and, as I generally wear a roe sack when walking with the rifle I can't use a rucksack type sling?

Thanks.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

yes mate its called a gunslinger i have the full kit i used it in newzealand its fantastic it has a holster for the belt and a loop for the rucksack its really easy to use and you can bend down without it coming off the shoulder,atb wayne
    Gunslinger Corral, Home of the Compact Rifle Holster, Rifle C,arrier

You sure it's not the other way around with the rucksack attaching to the sling? easy enough to make something up with a length of paracord and a dog leash clip

if you want i have a couple of clips for a webbing strap i can show how mine works you should be able to do the same thing without the slinger part on a belt,atb wayne

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    yes mate its called a gunslinger i have the full kit i used it in newzealand its fantastic it has a holster for the belt and a loop for the rucksack its really easy to use and you can bend down without it coming off the shoulder,atb wayne
    Gunslinger Corral, Home of the Compact Rifle Holster, Rifle C,arrier
    Got one of these as well, great bit of kit!
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Many thanks for the replies but as I don't wear a belt outside of my coat the rifle holster doesn't work for me.

PM sent to Mereside but I think I will try a small bungee cord for now.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

have sent a pm back speak soon,wayne

An even simpler approach would be to make up a small strap with 1" webbing and a plastic quick release clip. One end attaches to the rucksack strap, the other to the rifle sling...though don't know what to do about the rifle butt movement

Another option - standard SA80 army sling: allows you to carry the rifle in several secure positions without any movement of it - even a few that allow hands free carry. Even better, they cost about 5-10

Quote Originally Posted by saddler View Post
    An even simpler approach would be to make up a small strap with 1" webbing and a plastic quick release clip. One end attaches to the rucksack strap, the other to the rifle sling...though don't know what to do about the rifle butt movement

Another option - standard SA80 army sling: allows you to carry the rifle in several secure positions without any movement of it - even a few that allow hands free carry. Even better, they cost about 5-10
    Looks good. Thanks.