Best budget scope for rimfire

exmarksman9870

Hello, Im sorry if been posted before but can any one advice on the best budget scope to put on a 17hmr.Yes i would love to be able to put a 500 pound scope on but cant grant that. I understand you get what you pay for etc, but there is some rubbish out there that i would rather use as a hammer.

Budget about £150 :(

bsa sweet 17 made for 17 hmr. just under £100. got one on mine and spot on for the price. cheers stav

Hello, Im sorry if been posted before but can any one advice on the best budget scope to put on a 17hmr.Yes i would love to be able to put a 500 pound scope on but cant grant that. I understand you get what you pay for etc, but there is some rubbish out there that i would rather use as a hammer.

Budget about £150 :(

If you can find one get a OPTI-MATE they were supplied by Edgar Bros. but they no longer do them. Fantastic optics for under £200. There are still suppliers who have them on the shelf. You would have to spend £500+ to find something to equal them

If you can find one get a OPTI-MATE they were supplied by Edgar Bros. but they no longer do them. Fantastic optics for under £200. There are still suppliers who have them on the shelf. You would have to spend £500+ to find something to equal them

+1 had one on my .22lr for years.

ATB

Rob
243Sako

ive a bushy trophy 3-9x40 on my rimmy since new and not once have i thought about changing it. if it aint broke dont fix it ;)

I used bushnell for years, the last ones i bought, the lense coating wore off, & they just are not what they were. I now use BSA, for superb clarity & price

Bay item -

I love the Hawke scopes with SR6 reticle for my rimmy and pcp. About 60 quid secondhand. Bought a couple after I sold the leupold efr that was on my rimmy previously...and still banked some money!

For £150 quid, you may be able to pick up a decent second hand scope from some of the more expensive makers, but I'd like to second Oly's comments on the Hawke SR6 reticle.
At any rate, try to look through a few together at the same target and judge them that way.

The old Bushnell legends are good. They do mildot but I find them to thick. You can get one with the standard 30/30 ret

Bushnell V Opti-mate

I've got to admit that I do have a Bushnell on one of my .22RF but wouldn't buy another. Do not buy one of the opti-too scopes that are available they are utter poo

Iv got a simmons aetec on my rimmy and I love it!! 2.8-10x44 n the optics are great!! Can pick them up second hand at decent prices! Make sure it's a phillipines model as some of the others ain't so good! Think jsr have some in stock brand new for under 100:)

some good deals on the nikon prostaff just now!! Not seen through one but herd good reports and would b in ur budget at the sale prices:)

Last edited:
Back