Thread: Harkila boots - heads up

Harkila boots - heads up

Just seen this posted on PW. John Norris is selling Harkila 10" mountain GTX boots for 105. rrp 214. That looks like a bargain.

'slink:

Harkila Special Offer Mountain Hunt GTX 10in Boots Page 1

They've got these too for 49.99, which is excellent.... but only in UK4 or UK16!!(ffs! Could get both feet in one of those! Lol!)
    Harkila Big Game GTX 10in Boots Page 1

And leather zip up wellies etc, but again only very limited sizes in the good ones.
    atb
    FBW

ive just had a pair delivered, as it happens replacements for the big game boots i brought in Nov 11 that had split.
    The mountain boot seem much better.
    Hopefully last a little longer
    ATB matt

Thanks for the heads up provider. just ordered a pair.
    Sinbad
    I wish I was half the hunter my dog thinks I am

Anyone know how these fit? I have wide feet and the only thing I've found comfy up to now are Meindle Dovre extremes? Are these similar or narrower?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Vipa View Post
    Anyone know how these fit? I have wide feet and the only thing I've found comfy up to now are Meindle Dovre extremes? Are these similar or narrower?

Cheers
    I don't know about the Extremes but I got a pair of Pro-hunter 12inchers late last year and they're a bit wider in the foot than my high Diotto's from Black Islander and my original Chameau Moufflon Plus's.

I take a 42 and thought I was going to find them a bit loose but they've turned out to be pretty comfortable..... a bit clumpy at first but they've bedded in nicely and they're warmer for high seat work than my Diotto's. Not too warm to walk in though.... pleased with them and tempted by the John Norris offer.

atb
    FBW

Yes reader... I did go and order a pair, even if they do sit in the cupboard for a year or two.... I can wait.
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 18-02-2012 at 14:47.

I have a pair of these Harkila boots and like them so much I decided to buy another pair seeing as they are on offer.
    Should be a few years now before i need anymore.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .