Out with Re'M'ington and Foxdropper - 1st Vixen for a while

Yokel Matt

The planned meet up with Martin and FDtime last night was 7.30 but the engine warning light flashed on the car dash so I was an hour late... thankfully I had the Mother-in-laws Utility Pest Control Vehicle on hand. It might even have passed for realtree-camo... in telly-tubby land:

SDC10976.jpg

Needless to say with any shred of credibility well and truely gone the pressure was on to actually try and hit a fox on Martins ground which has, traditionally, been a bit of an issue for me. In a total 180 to the weather the week before it was mild and overecast and we were hoping to catch some rabbits out and about. Sadly they were having none of it in the usual spots but we accounted for one which sat there like a sucker waiting for FD to plug him freehand with the rimfire. Crawling with fleas we all argued about who got to carry the trophy but Martin won citing host's honor - lucky bugger.

Moments into a field just off a small county lane we caught the slight glint behind a tiny patch of old stinger stems in an otherwise lush, undulating pasture field. The cautious customer would likely have fled with anything more than very sublte, teasing calls and it was just enought to encourarge a few steps in the right direction. With the lay of the land and wind in our favour (and given my history on the ground) I popped out the bipod and waited for a shot to present itself. The angle of dangle meant I didn't see what my learn-ed friends could so I couldn't see her coming but eventually Martin politely drew my attention to the fox staring at me off tip-toes. I puy the dot on her breast bone and walloped her at around 100 meters.

SDC10971.jpg

No doubting the whoom-pah-pah on the Norma 40 grainers either

SDC10972.jpg

Very happy for several reasons - I missed a sitter last time I was with Martin so hopefully he no longer thinks i'm a complete spastic behind the scope. Its also the first Vixen I've had for a long while... well knocked up but the feel of things as well with at least three in the oven. Best of all it was great to see Martin getting back into the swing of things after his accident. As always it was a great laugh with plenty of ****-taking. Thanks again.

Mate,you did well,especially as you supplied the entertainment with the new shooting mobile......lol Not so much 'Realtree' but 'Realdaisy' I hope you took out the copyright mate. It is as I said before a pleasure to have you out mate,and just sorry I couldn't put more in front of the sights mate,maybe next time.

Martin

Well done with the Fox but don't park next to a flower bed or you will lose your wheels with that effective camo:D

Back