Minox BL 15x56 BR

John Gryphon

Minox BL 15x56 BR

Before we get started I dont want (CANT AFFORD) Big lens Swaro`s,Leica`s or Zeiss bino`s.

PLUS I already have 10 x 42 Swaro SLC bino`s but I want a little further reach at the end of the day or very early am so can anyone point me towards the quality of these big 56mm binos please?

I reckon they may just do the job but would like input from any that own and use them.

I have used my mates 10x minox and they seemed very good espec for the price and thus I am of the mind to purchase a set of these.

Hi john. I just bought a used pair of 8x56. They seem very good in woodland at dawn and dust. I find it is taking a little used to getting the fit/position correct on my eyes and I do have to hold them close to stop light getting in past the side of the eye pieces but do now seem to have found the position. They certainly gather more light than my scope so this is now the only thing to stop hunting now. Where are you in Vic, I spent 4 months over a couple of years age so now the state pretty well. What are you hunting?

I have a pair of those John and they are brill but huge. I dont carry them but use them for spotting from the car.

john i cant speak on those specific model but i use minox and my mates have them also all of us rate them highly i havnt been in a situation where i thaught i needed anything else even out foxing in dark or under moonlight spot on,atb wayne

Thank you fella`s for your replies,I have thought of the big lens as an addition to my others. I realise they are indeed BIG but would be for vantage point viewing at the extreme ends of the daylight,something my 10 x42 are very good at but as you know never quite good enough for some occasions.

woodmaster I am a couple of hours nth east of Melbourne and i hunt sambar primarily

I guess you need the mag around there. Plenty of wide open space. I,m guessing your up around Benalla. Spent a time out by Heathcote where my friend works at the Nagambie mine. Got rello's at Albury and used to live in Ardlethan myself. Hope the bino's work out. I never saw any sambar only roo's and lizards. Hope to get over in the next couple years. Catch'a.

Not too far from Benalla, I know Heathcote well also.
Sambar are not easy to see of course.
I ordered the bins too.

c3d23b93.jpg

Nice pic john. What else do you hunt out there. I didn't really see much that I would hunt while I was out. I did get invited to shoot some gala's that were feeding on grapes up in Mildura when I was there. Other than that only saw roo's and rabbits apart from the birds there didn't seem much around. I'd be interested in what you have around you. I was out in the country working bees mainly down on the SA border near Naracoorte and up in Mildura so mainly mallee scrub and not much cover or food for animals. Be interested to hear back.

I hunt sambar then I hunt sambar again and again..then fallow,hog deer red deer as well..the rest of the stuff is incidental woodmaster.

Back