Thread: Help please :)

Help please :)

Hi everyone i am looking taking up stalking as a new hobby
    And trying to find a landowner to allow me to shoot on there land for my firearms certificate i am due to take a level 2 corse befor i do this is there any help out there for newbes like me
    Please help
    Thanx andy

Andy,

I find your post a bit confusing, you cannot do a level 2 until you have your level 1, do you have this? I would suggest that you join BASC or a similar organisation, explain your predicament to them and see what help is available from them, I think you might have more joy there than just asking a landowner for permission to shoot their land in order to gain your FAC.

Good luck.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Hi sorry not very well explained
    I want to get a fire arms certificate for a 243 rifle deer stalking but the question on the form is what land will you be shooting on and where .
    How do i find this and how did you get started up
    Thanx

andy ,you would be very lucky indeed to get a stranger to allow you to shoot on his land with an air rifle let alone a rifle,a lot of trust has to be gained before asking for this ,and there are a lot of very experianced shooters out there who are struggling to get land ,i do alot of mole control ,foxing and rabbits ,this may be an option for you to try , but you need to do alot of ground work before asking for deer stalking ,and i think it would give you some experiance to before going in for a centre fire rifle also, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    andy ,you would be very lucky indeed to get a stranger to allow you to shoot on his land with an air rifle let alone a rifle,a lot of trust has to be gained before asking for this ,and there are a lot of very experianced shooters out there who are struggling to get land ,i do alot of mole control ,foxing and rabbits ,this may be an option for you to try , but you need to do alot of ground work before asking for deer stalking ,and i think it would give you some experiance to before going in for a centre fire rifle also, good luck.
    Andy, As Arron says you need to get some more experience before applying for your FAC. If you can afford it, best to book for some paid stalks with professional stalkers and learn as much as you can from the pros. There are lots of very experienced stalkers on SD who advertise their services and may be willing to mentor you. It will help getting your FAC if you also have letters from mentors or have booked stalking and the FLO can see that you are safe and know what you are on about.

Thank you very much for this helps alot will keep u updated on my progress . Just been talking to a friend and he thinks if i apply for a shot gun and join a club in my area and get to know ins and outs of field work talking to different people around the country i will have a better chance of a center rifle lincenc.e thinking before i apply is to get all level 1 and 2 with in a year or 2 and go on stalking hunts with the pros mentors in between this time if am right i will have a better chance getting one with more knowlage of the task at hand
    Thanx very much for your help any more info please add
    Regards

Andy