Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOD costs

MOD costs

WOW! moderators are expensive!!!! just overturned my local gunsmiths inventory of moderators, and the only thing that I had the remotest interest in from an aesthetic perspective was the ASE Compact (black)...380!!! WOW!!! for a little MOD..Jesussssssss..... rather lose my hearing...

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    WOW! moderators are expensive!!!! just overturned my local gunsmiths inventory of moderators, and the only thing that I had the remotest interest in from an aesthetic perspective was the ASE Compact (black)...380!!! WOW!!! for a little MOD..Jesussssssss..... rather lose my hearing...
    Jackson rifles offer a minimum trade in price for your old one. I thing it is about 90 or thereabouts, although you may sell it for more on here.

380 to save your hearing seems extremely cheap to me.atb Tim

..... rather lose my hearing...
    I'm medically deaf about 30% due to my time in the mob, but I have to say I think I can hear quite well. I would sooner have a full hearing range though.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

I have lost a large part of my hearing range due to shooting, i would pay double that to save my hearing
    Al

WOW! moderators are expensive!!!! ...
    PKL. Try shopping around and get some quotes for the moderator that you want. Regards JCS

Decent set of electronic ear muffs under 100, hearing saved and work with any firearm even if you are standing near someone elses!!!

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger22 View Post
    I have lost a large part of my hearing range due to shooting, i would pay double that to save my hearing
    Al
    +1

Thread prompts a question for those of you that hunt without a mod. Do you use any hearing protection ? I use either in-ear or muffs on the range (tempted to use both next time I get sat between an 8x57 and a .308, both without mods), but like my ears free when out, especially at night.

Actually with a good set of electronics you an dial the sound up a bit so you hear better. Good for wildfowling too as you can hear the wings.

David.