Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FCS figures for 2010/11

FCS figures for 2010/11

Thought people on here might be interested in the FCS figures for 2010/11.
    I've attached them below - makes for interesting reading!

Ed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FCS Deer shot record Night time shooting Year 10~11.pdf   FCS Deer shot record Year 10~11.pdf  

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyEddie View Post
    Thought people on here might be interested in the FCS figures for 2010/11.
    I've attached them below - makes for interesting reading!

Ed
    Why do we need to know?

This fascination of FCS practise seems to be fuelled by jealousy. What diference is it to anyone on this site if a deer is shot during the day or night. We have seen in previous thresds that most are proud to obliterate foxes at night, I'd be interested to know how many when foxing take the precaution of having a dog to track wounded animals?
    This stinks of hypocracy and jealousy. I'm suprprised that as many as 15% are taken on leases and day permit. To be quite honest, I would cease all leased FC shooting. The aim of deer culling on FC ground is to control and manage, this has never has been met by amatuers. The only way to achieve these culls is by using experienced staff and contractors. I'm sure this'll wind a few up, but this is about management not giving folk recreation.

Quote Originally Posted by bambislayer View Post
    Why do we need to know?

This fascination of FCS practise seems to be fuelled by jealousy. What diference is it to anyone on this site if a deer is shot during the day or night. We have seen in previous thresds that most are proud to obliterate foxes at night, I'd be interested to know how many when foxing take the precaution of having a dog to track wounded animals?
    This stinks of hypocracy and jealousy. I'm suprprised that as many as 15% are taken on leases and day permit. To be quite honest, I would cease all leased FC shooting. The aim of deer culling on FC ground is to control and manage, this has never has been met by amatuers. The only way to achieve these culls is by using experienced staff and contractors. I'm sure this'll wind a few up, but this is about management not giving folk recreation.
    prepare for in coming because your absolutely right.

Why do we need to know?

Bang onRecreational stalkers don't tend to shoot enough hinds/does,no problems with stags/bucks though

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Why do we need to know?

On the one hand I think the above gross generalisation is bo**ocks - I provided over a quarter of the cull for a local estate (120+ roe and a few reds) over two years working part time - at no cost to the estate. The other three quarters was provided by the keeper - working full time (though only 8 months per annum on the deer).

On the other hand I think anyone taking on such a 'job' needs to realise it is just that - hard work and graft and no room for personal comfort, scruples or hesitation in taking a shot.

Having had leases from FC in the past my view is that they are their own worst enemy when it comes to making a cull - not withstanding the night shooting etc. The paperwork becomes an end in itself - horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Bang onRecreational stalkers don't tend to shoot enough hinds/does,no problems with stags/bucks though
    Whilst there may be an element of stirring - This is the public purse we're talking about, so of the FC can make a sustainable financial income by selling stalking, lease or accompanied, which offsets partially the cost of deer management, then they should have a duty to 'king well do it.

If people are willing to pay money to shoot 'our' deer, then we should bloody well take it, rather than pissing taxpayers money up the wall for no benefit.

Bambyslayer you are correct this is a job and i agree lets get it done right lets not piss about year after year conning the public that we are looking at deer welfare of sustainable management. Let not kid our selves that it is about collaboration. LETS TELL IT AS IT IS A MASS CULL YEAR IN YEAR OUT REGARDLESS OF SEX AGE OR CLASS WITH ABSULUTLY NO REGARDS FOR OUR NABOUR EMPLOYMENT INTERESTS. USEING THE NIGHT LICENCE AS A MEANS TO BEND THE LAW IN FAVOUR OF SLAUGHTER. I here me sewell has stated that the scottish deer have went nocturnal because of day time stalking activity,s .This is the reason he gives for Lamping ha ha now he is a clever man because no one has challenged him on this. In my opinion Contractors should be removed from FC ground and professional people put in there place (RANGERS) Lamping should be done to solve an immediate problem not as a means to an end. Time for change looks like Mr Sewell is not fit for purpose if he didn't know that deer were always nocturnal

I'm amazed by the low number taken by day permit stalkers. Judging by the number of people taking courses I would have thought that there would be much more demand for day permits and the FC could make a profit if they managed it carefully.