Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Browning A bolt trigger

Browning A bolt trigger

Hi , I've just purchased a A bolt and have been told the trigger pull is shall we say on the heavy side 3lbs is it a job i can do to lighten the trigger pulls or is there anything i could do to make it lighter.....................advice please
    K C Rimmington

Three pounds fresh from the box? It will smooth up with use. Go shoot it. Even Timney triggers come set between 2-3 pounds.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by kevin01041961 View Post
    Hi , I've just purchased a A bolt and have been told the trigger pull is shall we say on the heavy side 3lbs is it a job i can do to lighten the trigger pulls or is there anything i could do to make it lighter.....................advice please
    I suggest you learn how to use a trigger correctly.............................. 3lbs too heavy ....................... Sheesh.

Have to say that for a sporting rifle 3lbs. is probably light enough.

David.

I didnt say the trigger was to heavy.....................other people say its heavy ? as i've not had my fac back yet i havnt even seen it {long story} I'm 6ft 8inch tall 22stone so although not all muscle i think i can cope with 3lbs pull i was just trying to find out if its true "is the pull heavy on an A bolt" fair question
    K C Rimmington

i have the browning A bolt in .223 cal and the trigger has now run itself self in on 3 Ib pull and is a delight to use, just run with it, let the rifle settle in it will be fine.

I have the a bolt in 243. The trigger pull I would say was more than 3lb when I got it and I think it had the factory tirgger. I got a gunsmith to change the spring and clean/polish it and he has reduced it to around 2.5-3lbs and I think that is fine now. All my other rifles are around that mark...it cost a tenner for him to do the trigger...

atb

Browning A-Bolt Medalion .243 Doctor Optics 8x56 T4 Mod
    CZ Varmint .17HMR + 6.5-20x56 + Wildcat Mod
    CZ American .22lr + 3-9x56 + Mod
    Baikal 12g single ejector

I didnt say the trigger was to heavy.....................other people say its heavy ?
    Hmmmm Sorry but I really do wonder at some people. I wonder how they would get on with a Revolver especially a double action one. Can you see some of them managing to even pull a 10lbs double action trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by kevin01041961 View Post
    I didnt say the trigger was to heavy.....................other people say its heavy ? as i've not had my fac back yet i havnt even seen it {long story} I'm 6ft 8inch tall 22stone so although not all muscle i think i can cope with 3lbs pull i was just trying to find out if its true "is the pull heavy on an A bolt" fair question
    Ok then, your answer is No. It's not too heavy.~Muir

If you look on the Browning website there are full instructions for trigger pull adjustment, very simple even for us Yorkshiremen.

Brianm