Browning A bolt trigger

kevin01041961

Hi , I've just purchased a A bolt and have been told the trigger pull is shall we say on the heavy side 3lbs is it a job i can do to lighten the trigger pulls or is there anything i could do to make it lighter.....................advice please

Three pounds fresh from the box? It will smooth up with use. Go shoot it. Even Timney triggers come set between 2-3 pounds.~Muir

Hi , I've just purchased a A bolt and have been told the trigger pull is shall we say on the heavy side 3lbs is it a job i can do to lighten the trigger pulls or is there anything i could do to make it lighter.....................advice please

I suggest you learn how to use a trigger correctly.............................. 3lbs too heavy :rolleyes: ....................... Sheesh.

I didnt say the trigger was to heavy.....................other people say its heavy ? as i've not had my fac back yet i havnt even seen it {long story} I'm 6ft 8inch tall 22stone so although not all muscle i think i can cope with 3lbs pull i was just trying to find out if its true "is the pull heavy on an A bolt" fair question

i have the browning A bolt in .223 cal and the trigger has now run itself self in on 3 Ib pull and is a delight to use, just run with it, let the rifle settle in it will be fine.

I have the a bolt in 243. The trigger pull I would say was more than 3lb when I got it and I think it had the factory tirgger. I got a gunsmith to change the spring and clean/polish it and he has reduced it to around 2.5-3lbs and I think that is fine now. All my other rifles are around that mark...it cost a tenner for him to do the trigger...

atb

I didnt say the trigger was to heavy.....................other people say its heavy ?

Hmmmm Sorry but I really do wonder at some people. I wonder how they would get on with a Revolver especially a double action one. Can you see some of them managing to even pull a 10lbs double action trigger?

I didnt say the trigger was to heavy.....................other people say its heavy ? as i've not had my fac back yet i havnt even seen it {long story} I'm 6ft 8inch tall 22stone so although not all muscle i think i can cope with 3lbs pull i was just trying to find out if its true "is the pull heavy on an A bolt" fair question

Ok then, your answer is No. It's not too heavy.~Muir

If you look on the Browning website there are full instructions for trigger pull adjustment, very simple even for us Yorkshiremen.

Brianm

Spring kits to lighten a A-Bolt trigger are avaliable from Brownells for about US$20 IRC, I have had mine rework by Calum Ferguson it is at about 1.5 lbs but this is probably too light for a novice, 2.5 too 3lbs with a clean readable break is fine for a stalking rifle. We are not bench rest shooting, when shooting free hand or off sticks ETC with your heart pounding the trigger will be the last thing that will affect your shot placement.

ATB

Tahr

Back