Deer Tray

I get my carcass trays for the back of the car from my local gun shop. Got a new roe one recently for £15ish.

No and no ! ;) just a black plastic tray, about 4ft x 2ft with a 6inch lip all round. Cheap, cheerful and does the job perfectly. When it doesn't contain deer it is perfect for holding laptop bag, wellies etc and stopping them flying around in the boot.

Got 2 large trays that will hold Sika hind, and 4 smaller drip trays for the larder from Ikea, £18 the lot!

That bit of rope on the front must be made of gold. I just drilled holes in my plaster tray attached two rings, you can then attach your drag harness to it. Or I can make you one for £500:rofl:

Not sure I can be bothered to go down this route, but having tried the alternatives (including your suggestion) if you plan to regularly move large reds any distance there is nothing else on the market that compares, your plasterers bath does not include a built in blood tray to keep the carcass from sitting in blood, nor does it run efectively on skids, and they are nothing like as strong. As some wise people before me have said, if you can make the same or better for the money then I suggest you compete on the market, as there currently aren't many contenders out there, just a lot of critics.........

Obviously the cheaper ones are great to protect your car from blood spills but for those of us that have to drag deer over heather or any uneven ground then the reinforced ones are ideal. The one supplied by Stalkers UK has a bow front for dragging purposes ,is rigid with good towing eyes, 100cm x 70 x30.........and is far cheaper than other similiar versions

001.JPG

Attachments

• carcass tray fitz.png
    carcass tray fitz.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 35
308 chill out, I loaded two hinds and a calf in mine last week and two of us dragged it, not that far as we got to a track, horses for courses, if the one you have works for you good.just saying what I did to mine.

The egg holder trays that free range chicken farms use are ideal as a blood tray. Wouldn't know how to get hold of them if you don't know a chicken farmer though.

That tide pool one looks reasonable. I use a Laguna gold fish pond, holds the big Thetford Reds and cost about £30 if I remember, bought it about 5 years ago from sea pets.

I got some plastic trays from some fishermen down the harbour, they use them on there creel boats for putting crabs and lobsters in. There the perfect size for Roe and its quite hard plastic so they will last a liftime.
FS

I use a solid tray similar to the ones Fifestalker is on about , swapped it with my butcher for rabbits. Not perfect but does me

Thanks for the comments but I would like one with a blood tray in can't find them on the bds site any more.

Back