Trees + Hedges

375 mag

Can anyone tell me if you need permission to remove a hedge row and trees would i need to contact defra or local council ?

cheers for any advice

Hi 375 mag. You do need permision to remove hedge rows. Trees within a hedge row may be removed unless they are within a conservation area or are protected by a TPO (tree preservation order) or within any other protected environment. However you may only remove a certain volume of timber (which I can no longer remember) per calander quater. Your local Forestry commision contact will be able to give you the exact detail. As for the hedge you will need to apply for plannong consent to remove it. You local council will be the authority for this. Hope this helps.

Can anyone tell me if you need permission to remove a hedge row and trees would i need to contact defra or local council ?

cheers for any advice

Contact your local planning office. You need to find out if your home is in a conservation area or if there are any Tree Protection Orders or any other restrictions or covenants.

What size hedge and species of trees?

How many trees, how much hedge?

Do you own the land they stand on?

How big (i.e. what diameter are the tree trunks)?

Are they covered by any stewardship schemes or protection orders?

Do you propose replanting anywhere?

Why do you want to remove them? ....... Is there a safety issue, for instance?

The list of questions goes on and on.

Either do it and be damned or be sensible and ask the forestry commision and/or your local council for advice.

p.s. If there are any mature trees, you'll likely need a felling permit unless you can operate under one of the exemptions.

You may need a felling licence from the FC if you are taking out more than 4 cubic meters in a calendar quarter. This is a small ammo unt of timber. Is it residential or agricultural land?

[QUOTE Why do you want to remove them? ....... Is there a safety issue, for instance[/QUOTE]

Probably a farmer, quiet time of year and something to do for the next couple of weeks

well that seems to be the main reasoning behind hedge and tree removal in the past !

[QUOTE Why do you want to remove them? ....... Is there a safety issue, for instance

Probably a farmer, quiet time of year and something to do for the next couple of weeks

well that seems to be the main reasoning behind hedge and tree removal in the past !

Three letters spring to mind... :D

W.T.F.?

Back