Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catton rifle sport report from Sunday.

Catton rifle sport report from Sunday.

Well the first shoot of the year proved to be a good one, well attended with a good number turning up and as usual the weather gods looked down on us and gave us the best day of the year yet with bright sunshine and calm conditions.
    A big thankyou to the marshals that helped out on the day Eugene, Paul, carl, john, Mr Heath and not forgetting Gillian who was kept abit warmer in the new shoot hut.
    As usual a mixed bunch of faces new ones and some of the regulars all the targets got a major battering and now need some work to be ready for next months shoot.
    Some good feed back from some of the shooters and most saying they will return. Various rifles and calibres again turning up from very old antique weapons to state of the art weapons that have had thousands spent on them.
    Potatoes at 200 yds were well shot at and I think they were all hit even the tiny ones.
    I have put lots of pics on the web site www.cattonriflesport.co.uk

Next shoot is the Garlands shoot next week Feb 26th Sunday
    Next Catton shoot will be on March 18th Sunday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	694.2 KB 
ID:	12868

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	1,022.4 KB 
ID:	12870

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	536.1 KB 
ID:	12871 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	018.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	706.2 KB 
ID:	12873 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	034.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	439.8 KB 
ID:	12874 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	040.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	621.9 KB 
ID:	12875Click image for larger version. 

Name:	010.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	865.8 KB 
ID:	12872
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 046.jpg  
    Last edited by venison17; 20-02-2012 at 21:15. Reason: more photos

i really enjoyed, thanks for a great day out and i will definatly be back

Yup, great day out. Still having problems with my .22 and hmr. dammit.
    But great set up got targets, I hit the fox out at 380 yards a couple of times and plenty of good people to talk to. Really enjoyed it. Can't make the next one but will certainly be heading back up there for another go.
    One complaint. There isn't a photo of me on the site!!........
    And first bugger to say I didn't look interesting gets a slap
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

one for the singer

hope your happy now.
    .Click image for larger version. 

Name:	039.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	906.0 KB 
ID:	12992

was a good day hope you sort the rifles out soon or I may have to bring the potatoes nearer...............

Bugger the older I get the more I look like my old man.
    Don't need to bring the potatoes nearer, Just bring bigger potatoes.

And that nice man who is stood beside me was nice enough to let me fire his rifle. That be the one in the foreground with the AI stock. Can't remember what was but it didn't half make the fox target jump at 380 yards. I think he said it had as much power at 380 yards as my 243 had at the muzzel. Excellent fun. But still wouldn't want to lug it around the fields.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Once again another great day
    Not sure about this roving camera man thou..lol
    What I do like about the day and shooters on it , is the freindlyness of it all and how others are willing to help
    The woodland stalk once again provided some thought provoking shots, the 380 yard fox and hare now is becoming a little easy as I hav found my range
    Anychance of a 6 inch disc on a rope at 380 just for us little caliber users so we actually can tell we hit it.. Lol
    Many thanks Carl and all the other helpers for your dedication and efforts to create such a well run day
    See you soon

it was a7mm08 and it really rocked that fox...i was amazed at how hard it hit it compared to my 308. i think he was using 162 grain amax

Had a cracking time. Everyone most welcoming, and good instruction on how to behave etc. Really liked the natural setting and targets. Good practise off the new tall bi-pod in the sitting position. Had a go at the long range stuff and did pretty well i think 4" gong at 315yds 3 times in a row. 4" gong at 360 yds twice with 156 grain PPU (6.5x55). I enjoyed this as only had the rifle a couple months so good to put it and me to the test. Thanks for the encouragement I'll be back.

Just a question Carl, where has the mother in law gone?

Please bring her back!

one of the olds.

Mother in law is being repaired she got a battering from the olds last time she showed up......... she had holes where holes should not of been... I blame STONE...
    Will get her fit and ready for action for the next few shoots.