Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifle cases that don't look like rifle cases

Rifle cases that don't look like rifle cases

Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a rifle case (or suitable bag/case of some sort) that doesn't look like one? I live in London, and transporting firearms discreetly is pretty important. It's easy with shotguns, but unless you have a takedown rifle, you're talking about packing away something that's a shade over a metre long discreetly. Guitar-shaped cases are a bit obvious so I'm excluding them before we even start.

Thanks!

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Hello everyone.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a rifle case (or suitable bag/case of some sort) that doesn't look like one? I live in London, and transporting firearms discreetly is pretty important. It's easy with shotguns, but unless you have a takedown rifle, you're talking about packing away something that's a shade over a metre long discreetly. Guitar-shaped cases are a bit obvious so I'm excluding them before we even start.

Thanks!
    I was going to suggest... a guitar shaped case, but you are excluding those. Can I ask... why?

The only reason I ask is because my son plays guitar and has an air freight type guitar case that I was thinking about making a close copy of, for use with a dismantled rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    Hello everyone.

I live in London, and transporting firearms discreetly is pretty important.
    Out of interest where are you planning on transporting it around in London?

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Out of interest where are you planning on transporting it around in London?
    Curiouser and curiouser. One would presume... from where he lives to where he wants to use it. Would a detailed answer make any difference?

Be proud of what you do and don't hide, no need to flaunt it but no need to hide away either.

Yes it would...

For example as someone that lives on London and twice a week drives to the country with his rifle I have never had a problems walking out the flat with the rifle on my back in a slip to where ever my car is parked.

I am curious as to why he thinks he has to hide it?? I could maybe understand if he was walking passed buckingham palace every day!! but there is nothing illegal about using a gun slip for that.

A shooting buddy of a few years ago used a fishing rod bag of a suitable size.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
    Be proud of what you do and don't hide, no need to flaunt it but no need to hide away either.

But.... In public, the law requires you to "hide it away".

Being discreet seems pretty sensible too. Less likely to get nicked or forcibly removed from your person by baddies if it's in a scabby looking old guitar case... and your not wearing your "greens". Or is that sort of thinking just my own?

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by eggy s View Post
    Yes it would...

For example as someone that lives on London and twice a week drives to the country with his rifle I have never had a problems walking out the flat with the rifle on my back in a slip to where ever my car is parked.

I am curious as to why he thinks he has to hide it?? I could maybe understand if he was walking passed buckingham palace every day!! but there is nothing illegal about using a gun slip for that.
    I remember getting my rifle out of Heathrow T3 one time and I thought I must have a performing Monkey strapped on my back, the looks I was getting. The fact that I had two armed, 2m tall, boys in blue as company might have had something to do with the looks of shock though. That'll happen btw, if you've got to retrieve lost luggage... and it's a shooter.

As above, the LAW requires you to "hide it" in public and being discreet is not a bad idea either, from a security point of view, but I wait with baited breath for the OP's explanation..

Quote Originally Posted by Tamus View Post

But.... In public, the law requires you to "hide it away".
    Put it in a gun Slip then