Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best county ?

Best county ?

WHATS THE BEST COUNTY IN ENGLAND FOR ROE STALKING?

EG;Numbers,Heads,Opportunities,etc

Why do you think South Yorkshire is not very good for roe yorksjt is it the opportunities ? as i there are ample roe and some decent heads amongst them. DF
    Last edited by Double four; 21-02-2012 at 15:43.

I hope Alex Salmond wont see you suggest that Fife is in England, we have enough trouble with him !!

Quote Originally Posted by K333ROE View Post
    I hope Alex Salmond wont see you suggest that Fife is in England, we have enough trouble with him !!
    Ha ha......

just a humorous attempt to point out there is superb roe stalking in Scotland as well...

Quote Originally Posted by jamross65 View Post
    Ha ha......

just a humorous attempt to point out there is superb roe stalking in Scotland as well...
    Aye but you know what they say about Fifers, should we admit that its in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Double four View Post
    Why do you think South Yorkshire is not very good for roe yorksjt is it the opportunities ? as i there are ample roe and some decent heads amongst them. DF
    In my area they are just starting to increase in numbers (Barnsley) but in no way like the I have seen in other parts of England. I know they are in larger numbers around Doncaster but don't know of any guides operating in that area or anywhere else in South Yorkshire. As for head size I can't comment other than I have not seen any large headed beasts, the two I have shot in the area one was a small six pointer the other was an old malformed buck.
    I still think other counties are better but I am always interested in other people knowledge and experiences in the area.

JT

Quote Originally Posted by yorksjt View Post
    In my area they are just starting to increase in numbers (Barnsley) but in no way like the I have seen in other parts of England. I know they are in larger numbers around Doncaster but don't know of any guides operating in that area or anywhere else in South Yorkshire. As for head size I can't comment other than I have not seen any large headed beasts, the two I have shot in the area one was a small six pointer the other was an old malformed buck.
    I still think other counties are better but I am always interested in other people knowledge and experiences in the area.

JT
    I dont know of any guides in the Doncaster area either, i would say the amount of roe has not increased that much in the last few years around here .
    Probably due to a noticable increase in poaching, hardly pass a field that is not covered in wheelings nowadays.
    Im sure they trawl sites such as this for information photos etc, the same reason i dont post vids and are very careful what photo's i put up now.
    I have not had any heads officially measured but after advice this year i would say two would be well in for a medal the third just out and a multi pointed malform was quite heavy too, these were not the biggest i have seen far from it.
    I have shot a few in scotland ( mostly lothians ) that has produced a few medals for a friend but as yet i have not had heads to match the ones at home. DF

A Good Place

Hello, good evening! Just a quick one for you. I know that Oxfordshire is a very good place for Roe.