Boyds Stocks

Dan Newcombe

I am considering a Boyds thumbhole stock for my Howa.

Looking at it is seems to me that the finished model will get to this country for ~$160 (~£100).

How much would i be looking at paying by the customs etc for tax and for handling fees and would i end up paying more postage when it got tothis country. And how can i predict what the charges will be. I dont want to be stuck in a situation where i am paying through the nose for the pleasure of bringing it from overseas

Finally, is there any way of minimising the charges eg. getting it delivered to a business address rather than residential?

Cheers

I've just bought a Boyds thumbhole stock for my Parker Hale .243

I was stung for £25 import duty / ripoff parcel force charges ( £8 charge to take the £16odd quid vat and import duty )

Boyds will only play it straight as regards labelling and delivery, makes no odds customs charges wise as to business or residential addresses.

The stock I've received was excellent and I really can't fault what I've got for £125 or so.

I'd definitely buy one again.

I am considering a Boyds thumbhole stock for my Howa.

Looking at it is seems to me that the finished model will get to this country for ~$160 (~£100).

How much would i be looking at paying by the customs etc for tax and for handling fees and would i end up paying more postage when it got tothis country. And how can i predict what the charges will be. I dont want to be stuck in a situation where i am paying through the nose for the pleasure of bringing it from overseas

Finally, is there any way of minimising the charges eg. getting it delivered to a business address rather than residential?

Cheers

I've had one you won't pay more postage I think if I remember I paid around £30 customs charges etc and I would say the only way to avoid paying these fees is to ask the sender to mark the items as a gift but obviously this is illegal and not something I'm condoning or saying you should do ;) I have however had more than one package escape with fees from the USA I think it's pot luck sometimes both of these items were around the $300 mark so should have to pay import duty etc

I've just bought a Boyds thumbhole stock for my Parker Hale .243

I was stung for £25 import duty / ripoff parcel force charges ( £8 charge to take the £16odd quid vat and import duty )

Boyds will only play it straight as regards labelling and delivery, makes no odds customs charges wise as to business or residential addresses.

The stock I've received was excellent and I really can't fault what I've got for £125 or so.

I'd definitely buy one again.
+1 on that I got one the other week for my weatherby,absolutely over the moon with it,it fitted like a glove,no sanding required,after an initial re zero it put 4 bullets almost through the same hole,so providing it holds zero I dont think I will need to glass bed it,we shall see,I got stung for the tax as well mate but Im afraid you will have to swallow the bill,but superb stocks,and way way cheaper than you would get ripped off here for one, go for it mate:tiphat:

hi guys

is it possible to get a web addy for where u are getting these from would love a thumbhole stock for my Parker hale

regards
Craig

This is the website.

BOYDS The World's Foremost Supplier of Hardwood Gunstocks.

I purchased the featherweight thumbhole stock.

You will need to order a Mauser fitting for a Parker Hale, there will be a small amount of adjustment for it to fit perfectly as there are many slightly different Mauser type actions out there but 2 hours taking my time with the Dremel and refitting and checking repeatedly left me with a cracking setup.

Well worth it and they do lefty ones too which is why I bought mine!

I picked my Boyds stock up in the States while on holiday, my Howa slipped straight in with no work and i think it looks pretty :D

Attachments

• DSCF4818 [800x600].JPG
    DSCF4818 [800x600].JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 101
Arrived this morning.£26 customs charge so all in i think it has cost about £126 and seems very good for that!Would reccomend to anyone, just need some bullets now!

hiya,def a good buy,ive got a one on my cz,and a one to go on my howa,,if i ever get my variation back from durham,both rifles just drop straight in,though did have to sand the channel as my howa is a heavy barrel,well finished,class bit of kit,and half the price of most of the rip off,s available over here,will be putting a one on my 243/308 when i add that to the collection,,ian

i had a howa varmint t hole in grey an black i thot that was a boyds stock sinc then howas have been available with a mix n match option i think from
highland outdoors would they not sell you a boyds save you going stateside for one

i had a howa varmint t hole in grey an black i thot that was a boyds stock sinc then howas have been available with a mix n match option i think from
highland outdoors would they not sell you a boyds save you going stateside for one

They probably would at double the price though...

my brother just got a stock for his ruger 30-06, was here in a week and a half and cost him 90 quid all in !!!!

Ive got a Boyds thumbhole on my Howa 22-250. They're $150AUD landed here and are a great stock. Mine needed no sanding of the channel, it dropped straight in with plenty of clearance. I had it devcon bedded and she really shoots. I reckon you can't go wrong with a Boyds for a Howa.

Back