Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blaser owners

Blaser owners

Do any of you guys know what type of rifle a Blaser Frere is I know the R93 but the frere not sure is
    that the single shot break barrel, or is it a conventional bolt action.

I am in the process of doing a visitors firearms pass for one of my clients who has changed his rifle
    I tried to contact him to clarify what type of action only to find he is not at home, and won't be for the next month.

Did speak to someone who would not give a contact number but said they would try to get in touch with him, and get the him to contact me, not sure if they have or will.

Unfortunately if I can't reach him for a month its not going to leave enough time to process
    his pass.

Only need to know the type of rifle action as I have all the other necessary information.

This could be a mile off the mark, but there is a Euro calibre called the 6mm Frere. Could that be what is being referred to?

Blaser single shots are mostly K95's.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    This could be a mile off the mark, but there is a Euro calibre called the 6mm Frere. Could that be what is being referred to?

Blaser single shots are mostly K95's.
    Thanks you could be right its a 6x62

http://www.chuckhawks.com/6x62_6x62R.htm

Looks like there is both a 6x62 and a 6x62R "Frere". Does not help you knowing if it is an R93 or a K95.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

I'm with Brian on this, here is a scan of the available calibres from the R93 manual

It's a rubbish scan but if you rev up the magnification you can see it under "Standard ST"

John
    Last edited by JAYB; 22-02-2012 at 17:34.
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Not certain but don't think its an R93 for two reasons European passes normally say R93 this one has two on it both
    state Blaser R93 he won't be bringing them for Roe Bucks they are both large calibres .300 win mag and .375 H&H

Now I am not absolutely certain on this but all the R93s that I have done paper work for, and I have done a few
    all had serial numbers beginning 9 as in 9/xxxxx

Apart from the two R93s on this European pass there are two other Blasers.

1 a Blaser Tuimelaar 8x75R
    2 a Blaser 6x62 Frere this is the rifle he wishes to bring to the UK

Both of the later start with the serial number 3 as in 3/xxxxx

You could check on the Blaser website...Blaser Jagdwaffen GmbH: Home
    K95's are the single shot, break action rifles.
    Sounds like what you're looking for is a cartridge/calibre barrel configuration.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Thanks to all for your help, client has been in touch to confirm its a single shot break barrel.

Hi Bogtrotter
    Call Open Seasons Ltd the UK Importer and speak to either Rupert or Robert they will be able to tell you number is 01865 891773 or email rupert@openseasonltd.com
    Regards
    Trevor

Or, you may want to speak to Gregor at Mcleod of Tain
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!