Snowy the White Stag Killed in Devon

paul k

There was a report in the Telegraph yesterday of the poaching of a white red stag on the Devon/Cornwall border. Apparently "Snowy" was well known in the area but his presence was not advertised. His carcass was found missing the head - he was quoted as being 9 years old so he will have had some opportunity to put his genes back into the herd.

Here a link to the BBC report of its death, there's a fair photo of the stag.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/7064650.stm

I went out to see this stag with Pat Carey once. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it.
I hope the poacher decides to brush his teeth with a loaded shotgun! :evil:
This animal had great status in the area and was a closely guarded secret. Such a shame. :(

Beowulf said:
I went out to see this stag with Pat Carey once. Unfortunately I didn't get to see it.
I hope the poacher decides to brush his teeth with a loaded shotgun! :evil:
This animal had great status in the area and was a closely guarded secret. Such a shame. :(

Obviously not closely guarded enough. :mad:

snowy the white stag

news flash snowy may hav departed but his genes haven't good old pat carey has spotted a pure white calf amongst the herd was not sure of the sex but was so excited he told reporters and did an interveiw just hope this lucky calf manages to live long enough to breed .

That is good news. I can't see it having any value to a poacher until its old enough to produce a good head. So just maybe it will have a few years of peace and quiet! :confused:

Hi.
They do not have to have a `head`for some poaching scum-bag to kill them.
This rare white Roe Doe went missing after longdog men said they were going to get it.
Any publicity is bad news.

HWH
WhiteRoeDoeTargets003-1.jpg

stag1933.

What a stunning looking animal, first time l ever saw deer was on a school trip to Tuddenham heath and amongst them was a white roe and that was many many moons ago not seen a pure white one since.

hite ones always attract the poachers don't they! Same thing happened in the Lakes not long back .best to shoot them and keep the swines off though contravercial. Dogs on Deer really gets my back up, i Kept Lurchers for years During my Foxing days - it's essential to break them to deer (many say you can't, but it is just a cop out for they can't) - throat holds are a myth the dog catches hold were it can, i know i have had to clean up the mess!
Thought i saw a pure black Roe buck this year - during summer so it wasn't shaddow and winter coat. Won,t elabourate on area so please don't ask. Cannot say for sure as it was in thick sitika spuce flashing between rides at the time - doubt i will follow my own suggestion and shoot it though as it is well safe were it is.

hey that Roe doe is Albino isn't it check out the eyes, or is it just the photo and mine!

Nah albino's have to wear dark glasses because the sunlight hurts their eyes. That Doe isn't wearing shades. ;)

me Ferrets don't and they are al;bino so i have to say get your facts in order !!!!

I have white ferrets with black eyes and albino ferrets with red eyes. Albinos have little or no pigment in there eyes making them red. White Ferrets with black eyes have been selectively bred from sandys and silver coloured ferrets. Those are the facts.

I know it,s eyes are red because we see the blood through the colourless eye (or eye with very little colour)
the fact is my ferrets still don't wear sun glasses ! and the point made was the white Doe cannot be albino as it was not wearing shades !
are there no Ferret breeders forums ?

Could be your telling me the White doe can be white without being albino
"via Melenism ?" Yes I know but let me state it's eyes look pink to me and the tip of it's nose looks pale. though the photo appears unclear.
seroiusly was the doe an Albino? I have seen white deer but never an Albino, though it must occur in deer.

Oh and were can you buy my Ferett shades anyone ?

Back