Thread: Hello

Hello

Been looking on this forum occasionally for a while so I thought I'd better sign up. Used a .22 for the last 30 years, and been stalking for about seven years so still very much learning. Use a .270 for fox and deer.

welcome

blimey I bet you dont find much of your foxes
    Anyhoo welcome and I'm sure you'll enjoy the site.

Welcome

Hi

Welcome to the site.

.270 on foxes? - thats fine mate, doesn't somebody on the forum have foxes on his .375 H&H ticket?

Daemon

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    lapwing

Welcome to the site!

I have foxes included on my .308, so there's nothing to be ashamed of Mine's so if I'm out stalking and see a fox, I can do something more effective than shouting 'tally ho'!

willie_gunn

blimey

Lapwing

Wasnt having a pop at you for the .270 and foxes. Dead is dead, and with foxes thats all to the good.

welcome again

SDD

Welcome

Hi

Shootingdogduck - I wasn't having a dig at your post mate, im sorry if it came across that way - im with you all the way, dead is dead as far as foxes are concerned

Cheers

Daemon

Just seems a bit daft having 2 rifles when one does the job, and often I see a fox when stalking. As has been said there is not a lot left of a fox, but as last time I tried eating one it needed so much garlic to cover up the smell I am not too fussed about the meat damage.

If anyone has a decent fox recipe I might have to get a smaller rifle, but somehow I think the .270 is safe!

Thanks for your welcome