Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: just set up swaro TDS reticle

just set up swaro TDS reticle

hi chaps
    just thought id share my experiences of setting up my swaro 2.5 x 10 x 56 with tds reticle
    A good friend of mine ben c off here had invited me over to do a bit of zeroing at his as
    he has some good safe areas to get some distance and he also wanted to try some custom
    loads through his 6,5 x 55 with a nightforce scope on which he would be dialling in .
    I understood by reading up when i bought my scope that you could set up a 300 yard sure shot
    by zeroing at say around the 100 mark plus or minus to correspond with one of the three lines
    beneath the cross hairs which would tally up at the 300 mark depending on ammo weight of bullet
    etc .
    so we set up a pallet with some good size cardboard on it at 300 and also a shorter one at 100 to check
    zero .
    I started off with my blaser 30 .06 with 165 grain federal fusion with one centre of bull
    I then tried two ppu 168 grain that went two inches low but through the same hole
    ben got a nice group with his so we moved back to 300 to try our luck
    I had drawn around a roll of insulation tape but not made it stand out enough and was struggling to make
    it out properly but managed to get a couple of shots off that revealed that the drop was 13 inches
    back up to the board and made it stand out alot more ben suggested that i put a circle around the low shots
    so when we got back to 300 I could cover it with one of the lines and see where the cross hairs fell on the
    top ring
    this was a bullet saver as when we got back the middle line was exactly through the bottom ring where the
    two low shots had gone and the cross hairs were through the top ring origanil aimpoint
    so now to see if it all worked as it should in theory
    three more shots using the middle line produced a three shot group bang on height of the top bull of two and
    a half inches with a blustery headwind also really chuffed with the result
    to say im over the moon with the rifle , scope , mod , bullets fusions , and minimal damage on the roe ive shot
    would be an understatement .

sorry if this was a bit long winded or a bit old fashioned way of doing things but too much technologhy does me
    I like to keep things simple and this has worked for me so happy days

regards pete

sounds like you had fun buddy, those fusions get amazingly tight groups through that blaser of yours. its almost as if the darkside had something to do with it.....

hi mate
    yeah really pleased with the results
    glad I went over to the darkside and I aint going back

regards pete .

with groups like that mate you no reason to ever use anything else......you got a good price for your soul haha

its the confidence it breeds mate as with the clays confidence is everything thats what wins prizes

regards pete .

Hi Pete

I found some 2 1/2'x 2' inch square flip board sheets which would be ideal for this type if zeroing. 40 sheets for 6 . Where it will come in handy is if you roughly know the drop at say 300 and want to check how many inches you are off.

Print this target which is good to 300 yards plus.Attachment 12996

One inch squares on A4 paper and (allegedly) it prints much better on Company printers........;-)
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by Eyefor View Post
    Print this target which is good to 300 yards plus.Attachment 12996

One inch squares on A4 paper and (allegedly) it prints much better on Company printers........;-)
    eyefor many thanks for that looks spot on regards pete .

Most shooters would be surprised how well they can shoot at range,for serious groups u need good conditions,I've shot 1.5 inch groups at 400 yds with 85gr nos ball tips in my 25-06

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    ....for serious groups u need good conditions..
    Agreed - plus a good base / setting to shoot from? But off the sticks, snow up my nose, frozen hands, in failing light and a howling gale at a moving target the Swaro TDS-4 is great.

If I can kill what I aim at under those circumstances my groups in ideal conditions don't matter 'cos (as Prof B Cox said) "Things can only get better"?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).