Available: Venson Butchery Course. Learn To Butcher A Roe Deer And Take It All Home With You

Buckbones

course

THE TROPHY BARN Venison Butchery Course
Including sausage and burger making

I am now taking bookings for my butchery course on Saturday31 March
I can take up to 4 people in our meat prep. room for a daystraining in the butchering a deer carcass.
The cost of the day is £150 including a whole roe deer thatyou butcher and take home. Also a light lunch soup and rolls will be served,tea & coffee through the day
The course will provide knifes, aprons, gloves ect.
Learn……..
1 The skills to break your carcass down into its mainpieces.
2 The art of boning out and to preparation of differentcuts.
3 How to maximise the meat yield of the carcass.
4 How to make sausage and the linking of it.
5 How to make burgers for a BBQ.
All the deer are skinned unless you wish to skin your animalbefore butchering.
This is a very hands on day so you can prepare carcasses athome that you have shot.
You will need a cool box to take home the butchered roe deer

For further details please PM me

Andrew

Last edited:
Hi Andrew

Are you still running this course?

I would be interested in coming along to one of these course if there are any available.

Cheers

Dale

Hi there,

Same question, are you still running the course and if so when are you planning to run them, cost etc?

Many thanks

Patrick

Just out of interest, what sort of volume does all the meat from a roe take up once butchered? You mention a cool box: what sort of size? What I'm really wondering here is whether it would all fit in my freezer.

Just out of interest, what sort of volume does all the meat from a roe take up once butchered? You mention a cool box: what sort of size? What I'm really wondering here is whether it would all fit in my freezer.

Hi PM,
Not seen a reply to you but as I have just done the course please look at my review in 'Articles and events' for my humble opinion on the day.
In answer to your question once the roe/ sika/ fallow in broken down, rimmed and jointed I expect you'll have in the region of 15 -20 kg on meat in joints, sausages/burgers, diced and filleted useable meat. It'll fit into a box measuring (about) 15-18 x 12-15 inches so a standard picnic cool box would probably be fine.
Actually I didnt remember to bring one along but depending on where you have to travel home to, and as the meat is vacuum packed, it really is no issue to get it home and then drop it into the freezer. On my day we simply could NOT resist the venison sausages which under Andrews advice care and help turned out to be AMAZING! My wife 'did not like venison' prior to the course and now is converted totally!
A good day and worth the effort to promote and extend your abilities and confidence.
In case you are wondering I have NO axe to grind, no pecuniary or other interest in the course and nor will I 'rubbish' anyone else' course but recognise the value of a 'hands on' experience to give the confidence to do the job.
I'll be going back to revise the finer points of the process that are totally ignored on most of the available on-line vids.

Regards

Fraser

Hi Paddo,
Yes the course is still running so please look at my posts on 'Articles and Events' as well as on the thread.

Send PM to 'Buckbones' who will reply and determine what you want and give you a price for the course you require.

Personally I thoroughly enjoyed the course, the training, the banter... (and the tea!) which have all given me so much more confidence and expertise to deal with a culled/stalked carcass to convert it into a useable form.

Just for info I am NOT associated with promoting/organising this course nor of 'rubbishing' any one elses course.
Just the one I chose out of proximity, efficiency and that 'gut feeling' that it'll be good.. and I wasn't disappointed!

Regards

Fraser

Last edited:
Back