Thread: Swarvoski Z6i ?

Swarvoski Z6i ?

Gents

Does anyone have a Z6i which thay have been using & could advise me if they are indeed as good as they say?

I have 2 x Swarovski PV 3-12-50's with the TDS ret on each of my stalking rifles, however I am finding that this winter I am shooting in such low light conditions with Fallow in the New Forest that I now feel the need to go over to an illuminated ret-even though I have held off for years.

I think its the old eyesight or those groups of fallow getting too twitchie to stay out in good daylight mid season?

I did think about the new Doctor Unipoint or the Z6i, could anyone give me any pointers or their own findings on either of them if they have used either in the past.

Regards Lee

There's been a couple of threads on them recently I think. Try searching for Z6i and it'll toss them up.

Dave

Lee,

Got the 2.5 - 15 x 56 with illuminated reticle. Got both day and night setting. Only used it the once at twilight with the IR on. Better light gathering than my Khales.

Picking up a 1 - 6 x 24 with IR on Friday to go on my 9.3 x 62

Have yet to find a better scope for end of light shooting.

Stan

Be aware that all new Swarovski optics only carry a 10 year warrenty now..Same goes for Leica and Zeiss..If the product has electronics ie a range finder sometimes its only covered for a couple of years...

You're getting old is all - I recommend glasses.

i have been using a 3-12 by 50 z6i for the past year and have been very impressed with it. The field of view is very good compared to any thing else i have looked through and seems to gather the light very well, everyone who looks through it sems very impressed.

the IR works well in low light and aids in aquiring the disired piont of aim quickly and accuratly.

is it worth the money? i think so.

steve

As Ive said before this scope is the ********, Ive had one since they came out you can get all the data ,off the swarovski web site, for zeroing all the different ranges along with the bullet ballistic data .

For me when a company goes to the trouble of sorting that type of data they already know there product works .

I'll second there product put the dot on the target and squeeze the proof will be in the pies .

I have a Z6i 2,5-12 x 50 and it is great!

Even in low light conditions at night it performs good. I shoot wild boar at night without night vision or lighting. Maybe the 56 is slightly better but i mostly shoot with a 4 or 6 times magnification at night, so no problem there. (50/6= 8.3 i am 41 years old so this is more then sufficient)

On my Swarovski Bino's and Z6i i have life long warranty, strange that you do not get it in the UK??? (by the way, they are much cheaper now to buy in the UK for me if you look at the rate euro - pound) 8)

Quote Originally Posted by widows son
    As Ive said before this scope is the ********, Ive had one since they came out you can get all the data ,off the swarovski web site, for zeroing all the different ranges along with the bullet ballistic data .

For me when a company goes to the trouble of sorting that type of data they already know there product works .

I'll second there product put the dot on the target and squeeze the proof will be in the pies .
    I`ll second that.
    I`ve got the 2 1/2-15x56, an amazing piece of kit.
    basil.