Ammunition supplier Edinburgh area?

Tamus

As the title suggests:

Who supplies loaded (factory) ammunition in the Edinburgh area these days? ....

For the first time in over twenty years I find myself in need of some rounds (other than .22 rimfire) that I cannot, at the moment, make for myself. Waiting on supplies of components but NEED to get out with a new gun. It's a .22 Hornet.

... Is there anyone left in or near the city who can be relied on to provide?

... and Dicksons don't do .22 Hornet :rolleyes:

ps. I've a fox problem to deal with for a neighbour and "obviously" the new gun is THE only tool for the job.

I'll even post pics of the event, if that'll help :D

Tamus

I have no idea on where to get factory ammo locally. If I need some I would go to Bushwear (Perth/Stirling) or Alex Dalgleish in Eaglesham. Although I live in Edinburgh, I find it hard to get any firearms related stuff and do most of my shopping in Tain.

Good luck.

JCS

Tamus

I have no idea on where to get factory ammo locally. If I need some I would go to Bushwear (Perth/Stirling) or Alex Dalgleish in Eaglesham. Although I live in Edinburgh, I find it hard to get any firearms related stuff and do most of my shopping in Tain.

Good luck.

JCS

Thanks J C-S. I was begining to realise I'd maybe have a problem.

There used to be a chap over near Broughton, Ian Sirrell I think, but I heard he'd packed in with the ammo trade. Does anyone know if that's right?

Tamus,

If you talk to John from Mains in Haddington, he may be able to order you in a few boxes. He has been more than helpful in the past for me. Great guy.

Regards, Dan.

Tamus,
Mains don't have any Hornet in at the moment. It would need to be ordered in.

I have brass I don't need your welcome to it. I could give it to JC-S who could pass it on to you.

Hillside

Hello and my mate private fraser lives just outside edinburgh and shoots the same cal,give him a pm I am sure he will be able to help,lee

Tamus,
Mains don't have any Hornet in at the moment. It would need to be ordered in.

I have brass I don't need your welcome to it. I could give it to JC-S who could pass it on to you.

Hillside

Thanks for your kind offer.

My problem isn't a lack of Hornet brass, as plenty came with the rifle. It's that I just don't have the right bullets and powder to get good results. I already shoot heavy .224"s in my .223rem and now I need lighter ones for the Hornet... plus some L'il Gun or H110 powder would be handy too. I did try some VV N110 powder but without the right bullets I was getting nowhere near a good load.

The idea of factory ammo was to get out there tonight, so I can do something about my neighbour's fox problem. I'll just have to take a different rifle and the Brno will have to wait till another day, but I'm sure this'll make no difference to the foxes.

What is interesting and I hadn't realised, because I've reloaded for so long now, is the apparent lack of ammunition suppliers in Edinburgh area and South, along the A702 corridor. I know there are an awful lot of shooters in this neck of the woods so I really thought there would be someone close who could sell me a box of ammo. Has the time come for a new stockist... in the Biggar area?

Hello and my mate private fraser lives just outside edinburgh and shoots the same cal,give him a pm I am sure he will be able to help,lee

Thanks for that. I bought a knife off him once too. So, I've actually already met him.... but I've settled on using a different rifle tonight and will get something sorted out regards powder and pills next week.

Tamus,

If you talk to John from Mains in Haddington, he may be able to order you in a few boxes. He has been more than helpful in the past for me. Great guy.

Regards, Dan.

+ 1 for Mains.

Borders - Border Gun Room - St Boswells
Welsh's - Duns. Just prepare yourself for the chat !

Thanks for all the help guys.

From me to:

Bushwear Stirling =50 miles
Duns = 68
St Boswell = 46
Selkirk = 40
Slamannan = 32
Continental shooting = 55

These are all places I don't go through or past very often. By contrast the contact I've been given in Wiston is only 13 miles away and I go through that village very often. So Wiston it is, thanks again and Atb~Tom

+2 for Mains!!

Haddington is NOT FAR from Edinburgh

Very true.

And... I'm in Edinburgh several times a week. However, Haddington is East of Edinburgh and I'm South west and it's about 45 miles from me to Haddington.

I am through there sometimes though, so thanks again for telling me about the folk at Mains.

Very true.

And... I'm in Edinburgh several times a week. However, Haddington is East of Edinburgh and I'm South west and it's about 45 miles from me to Haddington.

I am through there sometimes though, so thanks again for telling me about the folk at Mains.

Not a problem
IF I can be of use let me know...have .22 on my FAC, so can possibly pick up .22 Hornet on my travels and arrange a half-way point to drop it off.
I can also do the same with primers & powders, bullets, etc.

Back