Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Surplus 7.62mm

Military Surplus 7.62mm

Hi all, Is it still possible to buy 7.62mm military surplus rounds and if so where from? I have tried some local gunshops but with no luck.Thanks

ITL shooting, Bisley NRA range office, to name but 2
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Spot on,phoning them now!Many thanks.

cost wise ITL is cheaper, but you may want to try out some first as MEN tends to be a Marmite round some rifles gag on it others love it
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Thanks Kennyc,Looking at their website, I'll be taking a trip to ITL, (without the wife, as it might be an expensive one).Colin

good man! ring him first , he can be awkward to contact, and he doesn't do plastic (at least not the last time I used him)

What kind of surplus 7.62x51 ammo is available in the UK at present? I got a load of South African surplus a while back. It was very good indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    What kind of surplus 7.62x51 ammo is available in the UK at present? I got a load of South African surplus a while back. It was very good indeed.
    mostly West German MEN and DAG

As kennyc has described MEN is a Marmite round, my PSS loves it, my Heym hates it.

I'd also describe it as a little on the hot side.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    ITL shooting, Bisley NRA range office, to name but 2
    Do they stock any Random Green?
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.