Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service Rifle Sling?

Question Service Rifle Sling?

Anyone on here have a "Service Rifle Sling" they would part with? Either a Springfield or similar. Leather or Biothane.

Thanks in advance,
    Hillside

Hi,

I've got one of each, but I'd recommend getting one from here at this price.

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproduc...eItemID=889309

Agreed. Get one of those, that's an excellent price.

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Hi,

I've got one of each, but I'd recommend getting one from here at this price.

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/eproduc...eItemID=889309

Thanks Lads;
    Before I act on your advice could one of you confirm that the sling shown here has a centre loop that can be used for shooting prone off the elbows? The photo in the add isen't very clear. What I am after is a sling that clips onto the forend and butt as normal and has the aditional loops built in to facilitate multi position
    use. If the one shown dose this then the jobs done and dusted!

The Sinclair website has clear pictures of their slings and they are exactly what I require. However, a friend on here has just had major problems with customs (this side) getting his stuff deliverd (a book and a set of dies!). This might just be a one off but I don't want to order from abroad and have to wait a month or more for my gear.

Thanks for your help, Hillside

I think this is the same sling, with a better picture, and price, but in the USA.

http://www.champchoice.com/cat-Sprin...lings-632.aspx

GGG;
    Thanks for the heads up. It is exactly what I want and will get onto it in the morning. I'll give Midway UK a try.[
    Thanks also to Wapinschaw.Q

Cheers, HillsideUOTE=GGG;332713]I think this is the same sling, with a better picture, and price, but in the USA.

http://www.champchoice.com/cat-Sprin...lings-632.aspx[/QUOTE]

Be aware that new leather ones take some oiling and breaking in. They are still and not very pliable as I found out. I brught two through a friend in the US. One is fitted to my BSA Model E in 303 the other should be in the Mobile home. Being stiff and new they are bit of a bitch to adjust until you break them in and supple them up a bit.

Just my luck! They're only open 9 - 5 weekdays. I'll catch them on Monday.

Brithunter; Thanks for the tip. What would you recomend I use to get the sling softened up a bit? Cheers, Hillside

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Be aware that new leather ones take some oiling and breaking in. They are still and not very pliable as I found out. I brught two through a friend in the US. One is fitted to my BSA Model E in 303 the other should be in the Mobile home. Being stiff and new they are bit of a bitch to adjust until you break them in and supple them up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
    Just my luck! They're only open 9 - 5 weekdays. I'll catch them on Monday.

Brithunter; Thanks for the tip. What would you recomend I use to get the sling softened up a bit? Cheers, Hillside
    I used saddle soap working in after all it's like horse harness leather. Neats foot oil or even dubbin would help and also prevent water absorbtion in use to some degree. Oh I should mention that it appears most of these leather Pattern 1917 slings seems to be made in the 3rd world somewhere. If I recall correctly the tissue paper wrapping mine said Pakistan:-

Uncle Mikes do 1 1/4" Q/D Loops as you can see. That is the second of mine the first is still fitted to that BSA Model E. I believe my buddy in St Missouri got me them for about 19 each but that was back in 2009 I think.

My new sling is on it's way but minus QD swivels (for some reason they won't export them). So my next question is; Can anyone sell me a pair of 1 & 1/4 inch QD Swivels?

Cheers, Hillside