Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take-down stutzen rifles

Take-down stutzen rifles

Hello everyone.

Does anyone know if any manufacturer currently makes a take-down/switch barrel stutzen rifle? The Mauser 03 comes in a strange-looking stutzen version where the fore-end doesn't really match the main body of the stock, and the old Mannlicher Schoenauers came in a full-stocked take-down version I believe. Does anyone know of any other current models? I'm just indulging in a little Fantasy League rifle shopping.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Pine Marten; 24-02-2012 at 19:42.

Cannot help with a suggestion but I like your idea of Fantasy League rifle shopping. Something I am sure we all do from time to time. Mine is a Holland and Holland bolt action. A real fanstasy and likely to stay that way unless I win the lottery

Atb

Matthew

I think Sauer make a 202 in Stutzen, so with that you should be able to at least take the butt stock off.

Indeed they do: SAUER Waffen - S202 Stutzen
    However, it's not a proper takedown rifle, just a rifle with a detachable stock butt. The Sauer 202 Takedown Elegance is closer to what I was looking for, but it's not a stutzen, damn it!

All irrelevant of course, because I don't really have enough gold to throw at this, but you have to know what to do with the money when you win the Lotto. Which is of course to go to Ferlach in Austria, and order a custom takedown stutzen in 7mm08 engraved with pictures of pine martens, a naked Penelope Cruz and the Starship Enterprise.

Blaser do stutzen versions of both the R93 and the K95.

I hear old Brithunter has one on his Christmas wish list...
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Now K95 with a more normal stock and not the squared off Bavarian would be nice thank you...Hmmm let's see 7x57R or 7x65R would be nice . Of course one in 303 British would be just the ticket .

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    You have to know what to do with the money when you win the Lotto. Which is of course to go to Ferlach in Austria, and order a custom takedown stutzen in 7mm08 engraved with pictures of pine martens, a naked Penelope Cruz and the Starship Enterprise.
    Now this is precisely the short of thing the Arts Council should be sponsoring! Worth putting in for a lottery grant at least. Perhaps when you've drafted an application you'd be so kind as to post the preliminary sketches on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Now K95 with a more normal stock and not the squared off Bavarian would be nice thank you...
    I seem to recall seeing/hearing a straight stock had been developed for the US market & is available from Blaser. Best just to ask the Blaser folk.

Personally, the stock on my K95 is just great for me. However a good friend would prefer a straighter stock too.....oh yes & cartridge ejector, rather than having to fiddle the fired case out with his big fat nail-less fingers!
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

A friend of Grandhubert and myself has a K95 in 6.5x55 with a straight stock. He has had an adjustable cheek piece fitted as per a trap gun.

I thought I should beat him with it.

Sacrilege...

Another friend of ours has a K95 Stutzen in 7x57R. He is supposed to be bringing it over next weekend for a little Muntjac shoot. I will take a few photo's and post them if he does not mind.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    A friend of Grandhubert and myself has a K95 in 6.5x55 with a straight stock. He has had an adjustable cheek piece fitted as per a trap gun.

I thought I should beat him with it.

Sacrilege...

Another friend of ours has a K95 Stutzen in 7x57R. He is supposed to be bringing it over next weekend for a little Muntjac shoot. I will take a few photo's and post them if he does not mind.
    Please do if he agrees .

One reason I brought the Brnoi Model 2 over a new CZ452 was the stock shape. The trigger on the model 2 just clinched the deal:-

I also chose the Brno ZKK 601 Standard over the deluxe due to the stock shape:-

I like smooth flowing lines not angular ones.