Thread: Whiltshire firearms dept

Whiltshire firearms dept

I had my first dealings with wiltshire FAD today an absolute breaze compared to A & S

I spoke to wiltshire FA Dept today to ask if they could visit a new permission to clear it for 308 cal as it is only cleared for 243 and as i may want to take guests with a restricted cert on the ground .
    After the tapping of a few keys in thier office the reply was carry on as we deam a piece of ground cleared for a 243 to be suitable for a 308 on this i asked if they could confirm this to me by email , YEP you got it by the time i fired the PC up the emali was there waiting
    an excellent service , well done wiltshire

That would have been an easy one for them, you should see how they work when there is something difficult -- just as quick , they are really switched on and know their job.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    been with them for years and im so glad too, from shooting problems and permissions to 20 minute 1 for 1s while you sit in reception, they have to be the best in the country.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

If only I lived just 2 miles further south and I would be in Wiltshire too. Instead I have Hampshire FA department to deal with. OMG what a nightmare! 8 months, yes 8 months to recieve my renewal. To be fare to them they did send it after 6 months but to the wrong address! But don't worry because by the time I found out 6 weeks later, the owner's dog had eaten it. It could have been worse. They hadn't gone and actually bought the 25-06 that they could have or any number of shotguns! I could go on but my blood is starting to rise. Awkward, obstructive and slow as hell sums them up pretty well! AAAAAGGHHHH!

For some reason my Mother in Law's face popped into my head when I wrote that last sentence??
    Last edited by baguio; 25-02-2012 at 09:49.

always take my hat of to the wiltshire force, there up to the mark

They are a good team in Devizes!! We are very lucky to have them, I am sure they could teach a few other counties in efficiency!

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    If only I lived just 2 miles further south and I would be in Wiltshire too. Instead I have Hampshire FA department to deal with. OMG what a nightmare! 8 months, yes 8 months to recieve my renewal. To be fare to them they did send it after 6 months but to the wrong address! But don't worry because by the time I found out 6 weeks later, the owners dog had eaten it. It could have been worse. They hadn't gone and actually bought the 25-06 that they could have or any number of shotguns! I could go on but my blood is starting to rise. Awkward, obstructive and slow as hell sums them up pretty well! AAAAAGGHHHH!

For some reason my Mother in Law's face popped into my head when I wrote that last sentence??
    unless they looked like you might have been hard to go fill your slots

The whole police force should look to Wiltshire and use them as a bench mark for the way they conduct them selves in the F.A. dept.
    Wouldnt expect any different from them.
    Tusker

Quote Originally Posted by jay 22 View Post
    unless they looked like you might have been hard to go fill your slots
    He does actually look enough like me to have got away with it and it's amazing what a bit of make up and a wig can do. You should see me at weekends!

Regards Tracey!
    Last edited by baguio; 25-02-2012 at 09:47.