Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Out of season stalking....

Out of season stalking....

Maybe this should have been a poll, but im curious to know how many of us would turn down a stalking invite if the targeted deer where on an out of season licence......

I understand stalking is in short supply for some ,but who would refuse out of principal....

Would depend on what you were shooting and at what time of year? Also be careful you are qualify for out of season on that land! Joe public can't just randomly go to an estate an shoot deer out of season!

As the previous poster said you need a out of season license, can't really shoot out of season on invite, the whole point of out of season shooting is to rectify a problem it is not nor should it ever be seen as a sporting opportunity.

If I was you I would turn it down! Breaking the law!

Quote Originally Posted by scottybhoy88 View Post
    If I was you I would turn it down! Breaking the law!
    It was a hypothetical question ,just curious

If someone asked me to help control deer on the land, and having helped to compile a deer management plan and decided that out of season shooting was the only option, then I would apply for the licence and, as a named and authorised person on the licence would carry out the required culling.

If you are invited, then make sure that you are named on the licence.

Other than that, thanks but no thanks.

Males, no problem whatsover.

Females, no, unless yearling.

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post
    Maybe this should have been a poll, but im curious to know how many of us would turn down a stalking invite if the targeted deer where on an out of season licence......

I understand stalking is in short supply for some ,but who would refuse out of principal....
    the only person that qualifies to shot deer out of season is the named controller no one else you must be named on the licence ,as of the 1st of April this year all out of season licences must be applied for the enclosed land bit is all change check back through my posts there is a link to all the changes in the deer act don't get caught out

Quote Originally Posted by nell View Post

If you are granted a out of season authorisation for both sexes then there is clearly a problem with tree damage! No one likes to shoot does/hinds out of season, but if you dont do it there is always someone out there that will.
    After all, trees are only a crop to the FC and you are there to protect that crop, even though you are paying for that privlage.

atb Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue400 View Post
    If you are granted a out of season authorisation for both sexes then there is clearly a problem with tree damage! No one likes to shoot does/hinds out of season, but if you dont do it there is always someone out there that will.
    After all, trees are only a crop to the FC and you are there to protect that crop, even though you are paying for that privlage.

atb Blue.
    Have fun gralloching a doe/hind in may/jun! If there was somebody else that would do it personally I would let them!!