Deer count

6pointer

I was up at JAYB doing a deer count before he starts to book days for next season . Signs of deer were everywhere and it looks like some good stalking will be had only managed one trip out round the ground (TO MUCH WINE AND FOOD) and counted in total 10 deer A Group of hinds and a slightly smaller group of stags didn't get pics of the bloody stags looks like my camera is chucking in the towel.

SHAKEY VIDEO BECAUSE OF WIND

Shakey video caused by the wind - Aye right ;)

Good video mate. Hope you and Jayb had a good weekend. You deserved it after the last few days.

Brilliant 6p!! Love the we fellas' voice in the film counting out loud.:lol:

Just like mine, 'DAD, DAD THERE'S ONE, DAD, OVER THERE, DAD, DAD, LOOK...'

:gheyfight:

All i can say to all sd members is, been there seen it recommend it.
cheap day out good land and jayb is one sound bloke.

shame cant say the same about the company he keeps :rofl::dummy:
camera broken shakey video HA more like itchy finger syndrome
never see em in season, their internal clocks are better than ours....

Never mind the deer, look at the weather it's not raining :D, good weekend mate.

John

Jamrag your in trouble now mate that was my wife's counting lol, Frank they were in season had we wanted to take them mate John has and out of season licence if need be but hey fat hinds like that and the talk on here of no deer left we had to let them be. My trigger finger is never itchy there is definitely a calmness and controlled ness in the way i deal with deer.;)

Jamrag your in trouble now mate that was my wife's counting lol, Frank they were in season had we wanted to take them mate John has and out of season licence if need be but hey fat hinds like that and the talk on here of no deer left we had to let them be. My trigger finger is never itchy there is definitely a calmness and controlled ness in the way i deal with deer.;)

6 Pointer are you showing your true colours, dont see a re-stock site there,it seems one rule for you and one for the FC. :thumb:

The restock is very close MG and will i am sure get the attention it needs just not by me to old for dragging deer out of restock seen it done it and will stay with the deer i can just about manage.

restock.jpg

I have the out of season licence, and a night shooting licence come to that they are in place in order to protect the young trees that have been and are yet to be planted. Because you cannot see the actual bit of ground that is being replanted does not mean that it is not in existence, and that the deer are only present on that bit. I can assure you that these licences will be used in order to protect the trees, and the forest owners investment, and not achieve any sort of pre determined cull figure, annihilate the deer or provide an income.

So yet again we have someone who does not know the facts feeling confident enough to make a judgement and then announce to the world what is undoubtably the truth. I am getting more than a little peed off with the "experts" on here keeping us all right with the benefit of their limitless knowledge.

John

John i was passing judgement on the statement made above.

I have the out of season licence, and a night shooting licence come to that they are in place in order to protect the young trees that have been and are yet to be planted. Because you cannot see the actual bit of ground that is being replanted does not mean that it is not in existence, and that the deer are only present on that bit. I can assure you that these licences will be used in order to protect the trees, and the forest owners investment, and not achieve any sort of pre determined cull figure, annihilate the deer or provide an income.

So yet again we have someone who does not know the facts feeling confident enough to make a judgement and then announce to the world what is undoubtably the truth. I am getting more than a little peed off with the "experts" on here keeping us all right with the benefit of their limitless knowledge.

John

John with regards to the experts which i do not claim to be, and for the limitless knowledge, i have 25 years + of open hill and woodland deer control so i am well versed in deer management, though i like to read and do not post much there seems to be more than enough experts on here.
Atb, Mark

Still can't see the relevance of your comment in relation to the statement, still can't see why any observation was necessary at all. I may have jumped a bit in response but I am fed up with the way comments like these are added to by the flame fanners who like to keep things boiling for no good reason at all, just for badness. If I am offended then I am sorry but I am still pi$$ed off with the instant experts on everything.

John

Back