Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Police land clearance

Police land clearance

I am interested in finding out if there has ever been a successful prosecution against somebody with a 'closed' FAC who was shooting over land with permission from the landowner, but that wasn't 'cleared' by the Police for the caliber used.

Thank you

Are you possibly in that position, or is it purely out of curiosity?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Hamburger View Post
    I am interested in finding out if there has ever been a successful prosecution against somebody with a 'closed' FAC who was shooting over land with permission from the landowner, but that wasn't 'cleared' by the Police for the caliber used.

Thank you
    I think the problem with finding out this is that rather than a prosecution they would simply revoke the persons certificate

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Are you possibly in that position, or is it purely out of curiosity?
    Thinking of or probably doing thats what i reckon

Erik - if you call your licensing department when you get your permission form signed, they can normally tell you if the land in question is on their system - if it is then the land has been deemed suitable, and you shouldn't have a problem - you just send your form in for their records.

It doesn't take that much effort really, so my advice to you is don't chance it. A friendly helpful neighbour may think he's doing farmer joe a favour by calling the police and then you might find out the answer to your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Thinking of or probably doing thats what i reckon
    Arrr, yes, there's no smoke without fire. Perhaps we can get the Police to trace his computer, find where he lives and then go there mob-handed & string him up! FAC-condition-breaking fiends. It's the only language they understand.

Oh, but hang on a minute: All he's done is asked a perfectly legitimate and legally-interesting question, isn't it? A question to which my answer is that I don't know of any such.

Thereby the other scenes are not relevent?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Humberside police don't require you to send in your new permission - as long as you are satisfied that it has been cleared!

Just requires a phone call. I have an email from Humberside police saying just that - I'll copy and paste it later.

From my very , very old files.... Land Safety Report.
    Land name:C***** H**** Farm
    Address:************* Chester
    Grid Ref**************
    Size / Acreage **acres and ** acres
    Land owner details.
    Name.
    Address as above.
    Telephone.
    Description of land.
    This farm has two pieces of land, 52 acres that are near the farm house. These lie between a B road and an unclassified road, There is is good field division by means of mature hedges and trees with good sight lines, the land is used for raising cattle and silage, the second piece of land is of 30 acres and is reached via a long drive from the B road,here the land lies adjacent to the main A****, a main arterial road to *****, the land undulates away from this main arterial road, and is bordered by trees, on the one side the land drops away through a belt of trees to the river *****, near to the road bridge, only a small stretch of navigable river is visible.

Hazards / safety points, Near the farm is a market garden, houses & bungalows can be seen spaced out along the unclassified road , on the 30 acres, the A**** is clearly visible and shooting should be away from this the approach to this land also serves another property & this is protected by a belt of Leylandii, and some woodland, but can be seen in the distance from half way across the field, the village of ***** can be seen in the far distance from across the river.Other details.
    Quarry species: Rabbit,Squirrel,Fox,Pigeon,Crow, Mink.
    Maximum calibre ,On 52acres .22RF, On 30Acres, .22CF

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Thereby the other scenes are not relevent?
    To the question the chap asked; no they're not.

They might even be considered not merely impertinent, but actually rude.
    Last edited by Dalua; 26-02-2012 at 19:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalua View Post
    To the question the chap asked; no they're not.
    As this question was asked in a "What if" vein, why would the other scenes not have relevence??