Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intelligent Optics Glasses-Setting the Time and Date

Intelligent Optics Glasses-Setting the Time and Date

Intelligent Optics Glasses - setting the time and date

Leave the glasses to one side

On your computer, open the programme "Notepad"

Enter the correct date and time, it has to be in this order 2012/02/26 11:45:00 YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS, set it slightly in front of the real time, to give yourself time to upload to your glasses.

Then push "save as" (in the Notepad box) - At the top, the box will ask where you want to save it to- enter "Desktop", the file MUST be called "time.txt" (on my computer the file name originally showed up as *.txt you have to change that to "time.txt) then press save.

A little icon will appear on your desktop, named "time.txt"

Now Connect the glasses using the USB cable provided, making sure the glasses are switched off.

when you plug into the computer a red light will come on the glasses, this is indicating the connection and charging of the glasses.

Wait for a few seconds and a box will automatically open on your desktop, now you should have an open box with a file showing "DCIM" double click the "DCIM" file to open it, there now should be nothing in the box at all.

At the top right hand corner of the screen, you can see three small boxes, press the centre button, this minimizes the open box to allow you to drag the time.txt file into the box.

You can move the open box by placing the cursor on the coloured band above the box (in my case that band is blue) hold down the left button of the mouse and slide the box away to make the "time.txt" file visible on the desktop.

Now place the cursor on the "time.txt" file, hold down the left button of the mouse and drag the file into the open minimized box. Remember NOTHING should be in the open box before you drag the time.txt file into it.

Once you have done that, disconnect your glasses for a few seconds and then reconnect them to the computer as above. the date and time should now be displayed as you entered it in the "Notepad" file, which is why you should set the time slightly ahead of the actual time.

Of course you cant see it.

Now record something to test the settings are correct.

Regards

Guy

P.S. No I am not a computer buff.................. it took me 4 hours to work that out even with the instructions. Believe me, whilst it sounds a bit complicated, if I can do anyone can!
    Last edited by Morgy; 26-02-2012 at 12:20.

May I be first to ask, "WTF are you on about?".
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    Quote Originally Posted by harry mac View Post
    may i be first to ask, "wtf are you on about?".
    seconded

and i thought it was just me.lol stav
    if your going too be dumb you have too be tough

He is providing a concise description of how to set the time and date on a pair of video glasses as sold by scottcountry, an operation which can be quite tricky. Of course it will only be of interest to those of us that have them and have struggled with the setting procedure

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

John,

Have you got yours sorted now?

Guy

No, half done right date wrong time, but it is within an hour or two close enough for me

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

You cant get it dead right, because of the need to write the time in notepad, by the time you have been through the procedure the times wrong.

you got nothing better to do Guy
    Zeiss Pro Stalker and Agent for Starlght Night Vision

I'm coming over to you for a Boar shorty, oops shortly, I will get some decent footage now, you know, like being upside down in a ditch whilst you cant help me for laughing!