Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First deer with the new rifle

First deer with the new rifle

Hi All
    I've been after a Blaser K95 rifle for years but failed to find a nice second hand one in a calibre I fancied but I eventually found one in 6.5x57r at Ivythorn sporting.
    After waiting for a variation on my ticket I finaly picked it up last week and this morning took it out for a roe.
    I had a nice stalk after spotting six roe above a little wood I took a long route around to get right on the wind and made a simple but crunchy approach just inside the wood, when I estimated I was about 100 yards from where I had last seen them I sneaked up to the wood edge and there were three deer still out a mature doe with two fawns a buck and and a doe perfect.
    I lent on top of a fence post and waited for the doe fawn to turn broadside and dropped her where she stood. My first deer with the new rifle a great start.

nice one wayne, tell me, is it as bad as the R93's?

Quote Originally Posted by Offroad Gary View Post
    nice one wayne, tell me, is it as bad as the R93's?
    Terrible mate just like 'em it will only shoot a half in group with factory dunno why I bought it

very nice

Wayne!..... you'll just have to strive for that one hole group then?!!!!, No, seriously that's got to be satisfying when you get hold of a new toy mate!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

nice piece of kit wayne
    just our mate from norfolk to convert now
    I was at steves about a month ago on the range
    thats a very nice gun room he has there some very nice toys
    and a top bloke to boot regards pete .

Hi Wayne.

Glad to hear you have taken your first deer with the new rifle. Shame we didnt get round to doing it last weekend. Those two Sika hinds would have gone down a treat with it I reckon, not to mention the two roe does. Did you get the photo's OK ?

ATB

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Wayne!..... you'll just have to strive for that one hole group then?!!!!, No, seriously that's got to be satisfying when you get hold of a new toy mate!
    Hi Fb
    Yes well chuffed with, the group in the photo was shot by a mate off here, he went and tried it for me before I bought it to save me driving down, the day I picked it up I shot the same size group, for the action type its certainly shoots well.

That's a lovely looking rifle Wayne,
    Max doesn't seem to agree though, he won't even look at it

Hi Pete
    Yes he was a pleasure to deal with as I said above he let John shoot it before I bought it no problem, it was everything he said it was