Things a bit different here !

john.d.m

Just a couple of things that have happened here recently that may show how different it is here.
1. couple of days ago 2 politicians had a disagreement in the chamber, as we have all seen in politics, a bit of verbal and name calling, but one of the politicians here, got the hump and invited the other outside to settle things in the car park which they did :lol: I can see that happening in London,I think not !
2. few weeks ago, a farmer who lived in isolated place, had a couple of blokes about at night siphoning petrol, so he got the shotgun and loosed 2 barrels off into the air, after a bit of deliberation, the cops decided that he was right to do it, but, in future he ,and other isolated farmers should liase with their neighbours so they can get organised and protect theirselves and their farms properly.
I bet that farmer whatisname Martin wish Norfolk coppers had same attitude?
I do like it here,I think I fit right in :lol: :lol:
Any veiws on this

How one man can make so many people go green in one move is beyond me.

You lucky bgger :D :D

John

john.d.m said:
Just a couple of things that have happened here recently that may show how different it is here.
1. couple of days ago 2 politicians had a disagreement in the chamber, as we have all seen in politics, a bit of verbal and name calling, but one of the politicians here, got the hump and invited the other outside to settle things in the car park which they did :lol: I can see that happening in London,I think not !
2. few weeks ago, a farmer who lived in isolated place, had a couple of blokes about at night siphoning petrol, so he got the shotgun and loosed 2 barrels off into the air, after a bit of deliberation, the cops decided that he was right to do it, but, in future he ,and other isolated farmers should liase with their neighbours so they can get organised and protect theirselves and their farms properly.
I bet that farmer whatisname Martin wish Norfolk coppers had same attitude?
I do like it here,I think I fit right in :lol: :lol:
Any veiws on this

Where is here?

tony martin

"I bet that farmer whatisname Martin wish Norfolk coppers had same attitude?"

There is a lot of difference between firing a barrel in the air and shooting a man dead in the back as he ran away.

Personally i am right behind martin. but he was rightfully convicted. You can't say that a man running away is a threat to you or your property. This is why he was found not guilty for wounding the other one. Becuase the other one was coming up the stairs, he was still a risk, it was seen to be reasonable he was shot. (this is my understanding of the case in relation to the survivor)

I know this might not be popular,

swampy

Also I believe he held the shotgun ilegally, not having a licence. I do not agree with shooting a man in the back, but I do believe we should have the rights to defend ourselves and our property with more tolerance than the law at present gives us.

Stands back and awaits the incoming :rolleyes:

law or media?

You can use reasonable force to defend yourself and your property. There is no problem there. But it might be down to the court to decide whether what you did is reasonable.

The law does give us that protection now. Maybe we have all seen the spin that the media put on these stories and hear the spin that the alleged "victims who defended themslves and ended up in the dock" have given to a story hungry media. It also is good for the politicians to ride the wave.

The problem with reasonable is that it is subjective. This needs to be tested in a court of law by the peers of the defendant. the police are not the law, they simply put the defendant infront of the court, then the court test the reasonableness of what is before them.

swampy

Reminds me of the 'British Forces Joint Service Publication 385, Rules of engagement for England & Wales.
You read the rules then decide if you are applying the minimum reasonible and necessary force for the incident as it happens around you!
If I remember right '386' was the rules for Scotland. One paragraph went on to give advice on people (possible terrorists) who may be breaking down a fence to get into a military camp and cause harm to or damage service personnel or equipment. It depended on the size of the hole they made in the fence to what actions you take! Small hole= Slap across face with wet kipper, big hole= Shoot the bugger! only thing was there was no guidelines on what constituted a big or small size of hole! :lol:

I was always worried about being attacked by Harikari midgets who made very small holes in fences but carried a sh1t load of explosives! What do you do then!! :eek: :confused: :cry:

Back