Cleaning a T8 moderator with something other than WD40

varmint223

Guys is there anything better for cleaning a T8 moderator than squirting it with WD40 , I am finding it takes a while for it to dry out (if at all) and also it stinks to high heaven in the house , is there any other spray cleaner you can use for this job.

Thanks
Tommy

I used WD40 when I had mine, but also that Napier Gun Cleaner in aerosol on occasion. Not sure how effective or otherwise it was, but smelled a bit sweeter at least. Either one produced a bit of smoke on the first few shots after cleaning, I found.

Casey Birchwood - Barricade is like WD40 and does a good job, leaves a protective coating.

I just spray WD40 into both ends , roll it around for a minute or two :oops::D to loosen up any grit / particles then stand it up for a few days

Not tooooooo technical then - I might be able to manage that :eek: - not like the thread i've just been reading about Optics and setting time etc - WTF :cuckoo: !

Cheers varmint

Brief spray of Napier also works well, followed by a spell in the airing cupbord, on the side of the aga or in a radiator overnight to get rid of any moisture.

My onw T8 is 10+ yrs old and as in A1 condition.

Brief spray of Napier also works well, followed by a spell in the airing cupbord, on the side of the aga or in a radiator overnight to get rid of any moisture.

My onw T8 is 10+ yrs old and as in A1 condition.

+1, Show my T8 the WD40 and overnight on the radiator or similar. Wipe the outside with an oily rag and pop the neoprene cover back on.

Thanks lads ,
Thats exactly what i am doing ......it's just that wife hates the smell WD40 gives off if you leave it on the radiatoror in the airing cupboard........they just don't understand do they ! .....lol

i no a lot of ppl use wd40 and may have been doing for years with no probs but i do no a mate of mine also did this and took it out one day and it blew a hole in the side! i dont no if he had not let it dry out or what had happend but the only thing he used was wd40! i have alwase just took my t8 off and put it on a radiator to take the mosture out and never used wd40 after this happend atb tim

Back