Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: guns siezed

guns siezed

had a fall out with misses unfortunatley she called police as i had gone out of the house they arrived checked my guns in cabinets all ok next day they landed and siezed weapons in the dispute with misses there was no violence ect just an argument any help would be appreciated where i go with this cumbria police force i have never been in trouble before and now feel treat as a criminal totally pissed off

if you are a member of BASC that should be your first call.
    Tusker

have a look for an earlier thread, there's a member on here who's a firearms lawyer

A fairly high percentage of violent deaths come from domestic situations. All Firearms Licensing Depts monitor incidents in their area and if there are any involving domestic situations they will check names against Firearm Certificate holders and normally will remove firearms. It is not necessary for the sitution to include violence. Had your wife owned firearms hers would have been removed as well. What I always find "amusing" is that it is nearly always the following day that they take this action. How the situation between you and your wife resolves will decide what happens with your possession of firearms.

I believe it is the best coarse of action let things calm down then take it from a neutral stance should be no problem as long as you have not threatened the wife.

I suppose if you are no longer are staying at the house, even if that is temporary and the guns are registered there and also your gun cabinet is there they have taken them into safe keeping .

Both of you should write down your version of the situation now and sign and date so that is fresh in your mind. Countersign each others where possible if you both agree and think the situation was overstated. Either way get the info on paper for future evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by kaduflyer View Post
    had a fall out with misses unfortunatley she called police as i had gone out of the house they arrived checked my guns in cabinets all ok next day they landed and siezed weapons in the dispute with misses there was no violence ect just an argument any help would be appreciated where i go with this cumbria police force i have never been in trouble before and now feel treat as a criminal totally pissed off
    You say they checked the guns in your cabinets and they were all OK. [ In your absence ! ]
    They were not OK as they were not secure !

I have been with Cumbria for over 60 years and they are the cream-of-the-team regarding firearm issues, wait and see what develops before slagging them off.

HWH.

I wish you all the best with this Kad but as Stag says how could they check your guns if you were out or have we read this wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    You say they checked the guns in your cabinets and they were all OK.
    Given the perhaps understandably breathless tone of the OP, I read him as meaing '...they arrived (and) checked (that) my guns (were) in (the) cabinets. All OK.'

I'm sure he'll enlighten us!