Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The UK gun trade, bloody useless!

The UK gun trade, bloody useless!

When will this great nations guntraders realise that customer service is a real thing and not some airy fairy nonesense, and is in fact the best way to get business!
    I am in the market for a 20 bore and found the gun I like the look of most, the company are in mid Lincolnshire, and I am in south Norfolk, the gun is priced circa 1000. So I emailed the company with a few questions and expressed my interest, and asked if they would send it (at my cost of course) to my local RFD. No reply, mistake number 1.
    I called them today figuring not everyone checks emails as regularly as I do, and they denied ever having seen my email depsite apparently checking them......I was then told that they wouldn't post said shotgun as "they had been let down so often in the past" when doing so. I asked how exactly, and the reply was that apparently guns got sent back damaged/test fired (heaven forbid a gun should get fired!!!)and that I was welcome to buy the gun based on their description, if not I could come up to the shop.
    Its about a 2 and a half hours to their shop from me, and not a trip I want to do if the gun isn't for me, so I gave them another option... I offered a depposit of either 50 or 100 to assure them of my integrity, but alas no joy, forgive my rant, but do people actually want customers any more. Derek Lee, consider me to be a non-customer of yours, if this is your idea of a business model then good luck to you, and many others like you within the trade who routinely fail to help potential customers. I know there are some good ones out there, I have several locally, and I know of others nationally, but there are many who are still stuck in the dark ages!

Rant over.
    (if anyone has a nice 20 bore, I'm still looking.......)

Unfortunately, the table turns both ways. You wouldn't believe how many idiots the average RFD has to deal with on a daily basis, and I'm afraid that anyone who has been in the business for any length of time will be quite jaded.

look at the other side of the coin, can i give you 50 and take your car for a few days to see if i like it ??? i have sent guns around the country for people who are 99% sure that they wanted it and have been let down more times than enough so i can see where they are coming from so the only option is either pay the full amount for the gun or drive up for it and see it yourself.

I understand that, hence I didn't write them off straight away, but instead offered to pay a deposit. But still get nowhere, tarring us all by the same brush is a very foolish and short sighted way to run a business, especially when so many are going under in the current climate......obviously they have plenty of customers in lincolnshire they don't need the web based ones, which begs the question why bother with a website!

See if Steve Beaty at Ivythorn Sporting has anything that suits, he will send it to your local RFD.atb Tim

If i was shelling out a grand on a gun i fancied i wouldnt think twice about the two and a half hour drive up..

You cant be arsed to drive up and see it... they cant be arsed to send it having experienced enough previous disapointments that it doesnt make sound business sence...

The website worked perfectly in as much you made the call..
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

They are not all bad,
    I live near Edinburgh, and the last rifle I bought was from Wiltshire Gun and Rod, and they were bloody brilliant. Sent to my local rfd with no hassles, and sent loadsa pics etc, said if the gun was no good, to send it back and all it would cost was postage.

Quote Originally Posted by pheasant sniper 1 View Post
    If i was shelling out a grand on a gun i fancied i wouldnt think twice about the two and a half hour drive up..

You cant be arsed to drive up and see it... they cant be arsed to send it having experienced enough previous disapointments that it doesnt make sound business sence...

The website worked perfectly in as much you made the call..
    I have lost count of the number of times I've driven to look at a gun only to discover it has been wrongly described or clearly isn't in A1 condition, etc, so forgive me not wishing to waste my time, also, I am not asking for it to be posted to me, but to someone within the trade who would surely treat is the same as any of their own stock, not quite the same as me having it for 'a test drive' to use your analogy.......

wiltshire rod and gun are good, never had a bad word to say about them, and used to live out their way, if only it was them I was trying to deal with....

not my analogy bud
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...